Thursday, July 10, 2014

Nymphomaniac

 Dress: Knot Front Dress in Blue Polka Dot by Lucie Lu via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Sandals: Dansko
Necklace: Age Before Beauty
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Kate
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this dress to farmer's market, wine tasting, & a movie. I loved this Lucie Lu dress & it was another one I kept for only $15 when GB was having a sale. It is light, even though it's lined & is so easy & comfortable to wear. Also, polka dots! And look! I own a *blue* dress! I adore the vintage vibe of polka dots & the sweetheart neckline. I thought it was fun with red accents. Lucie Lu runs small on me, so I always go up one size. 
I get sick of my same poses, so I told Kate...I need a different pose...she told me to lift up my dress...so I did...
Kate is also wearing Lucie Lu polka dots...
This particular Saturday was Make Music Madison day, Kate listened to this fun group while she was waiting for me (she opted to walk). There were over 400 musical performances throughout the city...on sidewalks, bars, restaurants, businesses, homes...anyone could sign up to play or host. I think it would be fun to host next year while doing a garage sale. We had planned on seeing The Sills in the afternoon, but it was drizzling at the time we planned on leaving & we didn't want to sit outside in the rain.
It was also naked bike ride day...
Wine tasting, including !2! rosés that I actually liked!
Farmers' Market bounty...oh, strawberries...why is your season so short?
At night we went to see Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac, which was quite good & not what I was expecting. It was divided into 2 parts for American release...& this is about all I got to see of the second half as they could not get the sound to work. Kate & Jason went back the following Saturday once they got Vol. II working, but as it had a horrible ending...I was content with Kate's 10 minute synopsis. So many good movies are ruined by terrible endings. 
Kate made me this typewriter key bracelet over a decade ago. I wore it on the first trip Super Boo & I took to San Francisco & lost the P there...I lost my P in San Francisco. I wore it hoping it would remind me to put a new P on it. 

26 comments:

  1. That blue is a great shade on you! I love that shape of neckline, too; t just frames the face beautifully. I always love looking through your city explorations and adventures! A trip to the farmer's market, wine tasting, and movie sounds like my perfect Saturday afternoon!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! It's funny that I never wore blue before GB.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love your Farmer's Market haul. Your pictures make me want to vacay in WI for all the fresh produce and such. Before I met you, WI never occurred to me as being so bountiful. I'm so happy for you that you finally have a BLUE dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our farmers' markets here! Wisconsin is a great vacation spot...either Madison or Door County. Come visit!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ringrazio il bloggerone 009 ;)

    e scuserete anche lo stile di questi commenti.
    E' come il coraggio di Don Abbondio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete