Monday, July 28, 2014

Cecilia, You're Breaking My Heart...

 Dress: Cecilia Dress in Mint Floral by Igigi via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Necklace: A Luscious Thing
Earring: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Super Boo & Me (iPhone)
I wore this pretty outfit to work & a surprise garage sale. I wanted to love this Igigi dress...I thought the colors were so lovely & an unusual combination. Sadly, Cecilia broke my heart. It was entirely too big on top & so tight on the bottom I was afraid to move. I got this in my usual size, 26/28. I had to wear teggings with this dress so I could pull it up a bit in order to sit down. It was that bad. 
Before work, I ran to the library to return some books just a few blocks away, & there were 2 fun garage sales next door to each other in my neighborhood. At one, I got a vintage suitcase ($5) & at the other I grabbed a large bag of handmade antique lace ($3), a 12"x15"-ish ornate gold/black picture frame ($1), & these shoes ($2 each). Both of them are brands I never heard of before. The green ones are by Groundhog & this pair retailed for $180 & have only been worn once. They are a bit big on me, but with thick fun socks...will be perfect for autumn. The other shoes are from Boden & retailed for $108 & have never been worn. I love stumbling across fabulous finds like these!

1 comment:

  1. Too bad this dress doesn't work, I agree so pretty. Great finds on the shoes! Boden is an overseas European (?) brand I think. I know my kids wear lots of miniBoden and I have to select USA to shop. :)

    ReplyDelete