Sunday, July 13, 2014

Obvious Child

 Dress: Coral Cowl Ruched Dress by Flor via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Shoes: Born
Necklace, Bracelet, & Earring:
Photography: Super Boo & Me (iPhone)
I wore this dress to get a haircut & see a free movie at Sundance. Again, as with most of these GB house brand dresses...the fabric is atrocious...left over 70s bedspread material. The colors & floral pattern are so very pretty that I could forgive that...but the cowl neck has never been a look I get...& check out my red bra peeking through the enormous armhole. Poor design. But, what flattering colors!
Super Boo & I had tickets to see 24 (I think?) movies back in April during our local film fest...so of course we skipped a few because...So. Many. Movies. Obvious Child was one of the movies that was sacrificed for our sanity. So when free tickets became available for a pre-release screening of the film at Sundance, we went. It was a good, not great, romantic comedy about abortion. If that sounds weird...well, it was...but it was also brave, funny, & a bit too shallow. Every seat in the theatre was taken & I only saw one person leave. 

Adorable Olive!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so envious of your jewelry collection. Such great tastes! Cute pup too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jewelry. I have the dress in my GB closet, but I'm not looking forward to those armholes. The cowl neck looks good on you, though.

    We saw Obvious Child, too. My complaint was with the supporting characters, whom I felt were rather one-dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the armholes are only bad in the upper sizes, not sure if that applies to you.

      I agree, the supporting characters were rather one-dimensional, I wish this movie had gone deeper.

      Delete