Saturday, July 12, 2014

Re-Art Swap

 Skirt: Avenue
Top: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Born
Earring: some shop in Chicago circa 1989
Photography: Super Boo & Me (iPhone)
I wore this outfit to Re-Art Swap on Sunday & again on Monday to go to Tai Chi. Gwynnie Bee had been slow to send me things leading up to & during their move...so out come some of my old boring clothes. I have this skirt in red & lime green...obviously I really liked it. All those yellow dots toward the bottom under the 2 yellow stripes? Each one of those had a sequin sewn to it & every time I wear these skirts, I leave behind bits of shininess. 
The Re-Art Swap! This event happens each year in the backyard of Absolutely Art, but after 9 years, the store closed at the end of last month. The owner, Megan, has promised she will still hold this event. I hope so! How it works is...you bring all your unwanted crafty supplies to AbArt & you take whatever you'd like. How fabulous is that?! I only took photos of a bit of it, there was stuff everywhere! 
This is what I came home with (some stuff not pictured): 5 wallpaper sample books, knitting needles, 3 wheels of slides, 2 huge bags of fabric (most of it cut into squares or strips), a planter, seashells, & a big bag of pretty vintage broken dishes (for mosaic). 
I've made this lunch for Super Boo & I several times the past few weeks. All farmers' market ingredients: spelt wraps, mayo, sungold tomatoes, red spring onions, bacon, & mixed greens. It is delicious! 

I bought this earring in 1989, shortly after moving to Madison, on a trip to Chicago to visit my friend Michelle who was a nanny at the time. I'm not sure why any of that is important...I just remember I couldn't get long enough earrings at the time & when I saw these I just squee-ed. They were $50. That seemed like a lot of money at the time...but look, I still have them all these years later & I still think they are quite fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment