Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Nick Cave in Milwaukee

 Dress: Morgan Mesh Dress in Cherry by Kiyonna via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Sandals: Dansko
Necklace: etsy seller, no longer around
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this dress to drive to Milwaukee with my girlie, have dinner, & see Nick Cave. I loved the color...because...red! But I thought this dress was rather boring. I liked the mesh fabric, see-through sleeves, & length. It didn't lay quite right on me & there always seemed to be bunching up & wrinkles. It was a fun one time wear. This dress ran true to size as I am wearing a 4x. 
Gorgeous ironwork staircase at Wolf Peach with their garden in the background. 
Kate had heard good things about Wolf Peach & the restaurant has gotten great reviews. Our experience was mixed. The craft cocktails were nothing special & tasted like they were made with rail alcohol; the deviled eggs (oh, how I love deviled eggs) were the worst I've ever had...all I could taste was overwhelming lemon & no salt; & our wood roasted broccoli was just...weird...how do you ruin wood roasted broccoli?! We were both looking forward to that. 
Pictured above were the yummy parts of our meal. The scallops were scrumptious & perfectly cooked; the roasted mushroom bruschetta had an amazing depth of flavor (too bad it was served cold); & both of our desserts were delicious...Kate had a lemon blueberry ginger something-or-other & I had a lemon confection of some sort. 
I scored free parking (in Milwaukee!) in front of this memorial (it gave no indication of who was gone but not forgotten). Kate likes lions. There were SO many lions in Barcelona! 
Nick Cave! We think this is our 5th time seeing him together (& Kate went once before we met), but we've lost count. This is our first time in Milwaukee, however, because he usually only comes as close to us as Chicago. Kate always gets us fabulous seats...look how close we were...
The energy was off during this performance...he really feeds off the audience & the Milwaukee crowd was really different than Chicago. He was still amazing...but different. I enjoyed it more than Kate who deemed this concert her worst Nick Cave experience. But even an off Nick Cave, is still *Nick Cave*! And I had a fun evening with my girlie. 

4 comments:

  1. Random internet person here; LOVE the red! Seriously gorgeous on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress on Kate! Tell her to visit the group more. I'd love to get to know her. :) You look wonderful, as always. I did expect the sleeves of that dress to appear more sheer though. The photos I can hardly tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate looks good in everything! I don't know why she doesn't visit the group more. The sheer parts of this dress were not that sheer.

      Delete