Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Graft

 Dress: Francesca Dress in Mulberry Lane by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Sandals: Sofft
Necklace: Christine Wallace, gift from Kate
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stat: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress garage sale-ing, to work, then out to dinner with Kate. Gorgeous autumnal color palette in this marvelous Igigi faux wrap dress. It was a bit heavy for summer...but still lovely. Fantastic fit & length...I love it when dresses are long enough that I don't *have* to wear teggings for fear of flashing the world. This is the same fabric as the Igigi dress Kate & I wore for our first 2 Girlies 1 Dress photos in fall 2013, but with the print running vertically instead of horizontally. 
My garage sale finds this day included...a vintage metal milk jug ($5!) with the original metal lid as well as a wooden one (so if you leave it outside, rain does not collect on top), a vintage metal plant stand...
Also, purple hanging basket shelves, a metal & wicker basket, some Little Golden Books, a rose bundt pan, & some vintage rhinestone jewelry. 
After work, I met the girlie at a new restaurant on the square that had only been open a few days, Graft. We drank lovely wine & ate amazing food. Oh, the food! I am ridiculously critical of restaurant meals...however, we shared 7 small plates & every one of them was incredible...so many layers of flavor in each bite. In fact, I am not ashamed to admit that...the complex flavors in these dishes had me using my fingers to taste every last speck of essence on the plate. Also, we had the BEST waiter I've ever had anywhere, Sherman...he was phenomenally funny, full of great recommendations, stories, & positive energy. 
To begin our feast we had artichokes with mint, parsley, & lemon puree, as well as scallops with fennel, parsley, & grapefruit. Then we moved on to ravioli with marscarpone, shiitake, oyster mushrooms, & garlic cream, as well as broccolini with hazelnuts, raisins, & raclette fondue. More wine for Kate & I decided to sample a cocktail...my Water Lily was made with Death's Door gin, Lillet Rouge, watermelon, & lime. 
We thought we were done, but we found ourselves ordering smoked trout rillette with créme fraîche, chives, & crostini...followed by Graft mac & cheese, which was buttermilk spätzle, gouda, & garlic-y breadcrumbs...we finally ended this decadent dinner with walleye topped with beer granola, sweet potatoes, pecans, & onion. I am tasting these flavors all over again right now & it is delightful. 
Kate modeling a GB Taylor Dresses peacock faux wrap dress (I have this at home right now, but it doesn't look nearly as cute on me). 
My make-up with this dress included...Sonic, Bondage, & Alchemy eyeshadows from Urban Decay's Vice Ltd palette, Stila Deep Burgundy eyeliner, & Bite Beauty Tannin lipstick. 





4 comments:

  1. Both dresses look great! I liked several dresses in your blog better than I'd expected based on the canned model pic, so I've closeted them now! Thanks for the great pics & styling ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognised your dress as Igigi as soon as I saw it, and I love the autumnal colours. My mouth is watering over the descriptions of that food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah. Igigi is so great...I always feel pretty in their dresses!

      Delete