Monday, June 29, 2015

Samba with My Parents

 Dress: Kenley Dress in Taupe Aqua Print by Lucie Lu (size 5x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Earth, thrifted
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this faux wrap dress to work & out to dinner with my parents. As always, I needed to size up to a 5x in Lucie Lu. The color combination in this dress is unusual & stunning, the fit was great, & the ruched empire waist was flattering. The only negative is I'd like a few extra inches of length. 
My parents came to visit for a few days. They brought me this lamp my uncle made out of an antique sewing machine. It just so happens that I have an antique Singer sewing cabinet (with the machine still inside) that I dug out of my porch to display the lamp on. The cabinet was a present from my ex, Chad, on our first Christmas together. I was 18. Chad is the reason I live in Madison, as he transferred to UW shortly after we started dating. 

My parents, Super Boo, & I went out to dinner at Samba. They usually think the restaurants I like have weird food, but I thought they'd enjoy this. I started out the evening with this delightful cocktail made with Cachaça, then on to the salad bar, then meat (I nabbed those 2 photos off the web). The salad bar at Samba is amazing...my favorite things being the huge bowl of roasted garlic, the caramelized whole baby cipollini onions, & the many beautiful roasted & pickled vegetables. The waiters come to your table with a variety of grilled meats on a skewer & they randomly keep coming by & slicing off bits for you until you beg them to stop. 
Super Boo took our picture after dinner.
My make-up that day included...eyeshadows from Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette & a mixture of 2 MAC lipsticks, Bronze Shimmer & Fetish.

No comments:

Post a Comment