Sunday, December 7, 2014

Chicago: David Bowie Is

 Dress: Midnight Plaid Jacquard Dress by Melissa Masse (4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use link to get your first month for $10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Bracelet: Cindy Forrester
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this dress out to brunch with the girlie, then to see the David Bowie Is exhibit. I adore Melissa Masse & her fabulous dresses. I loved everything about this dress with the exception of where the waistband hit me, I prefer an empire waist. The fabric was soft & warm & the turquoise velour trim on the neckline & sleeves made it slightly more luxurious. This dress retails for over $300 & the quality reflects it. I *need* this dress in red plaid. 
As we left our hotel (Hotel Allegro in the background), it was snowing! So it was a lovely surprise to find one of our favorite restaurants has a fireplace that they seated us in front of. We had walked to The Gage for brunch & had never sat in the very back room before...it was delightfully warm.
We shared a bowl of butternut squash soup with caramelized brussels sprouts & raisins (I think?). Kate had thee most delicious roasted woodland mushrooms sandwich & I had house made corned beef hash with hollandaise. We love this place. Super Boo discovered it years ago when we were looking for a restaurant for dinner near the theatre The Addams Family play was being performed. 
David Bowie!! No photos were allowed in the exhibit although I saw a few people sneaking them. It was amazing. I especially loved seeing his costumes on display with the video he wore them in playing right by it. So many handwritten lyrics & set designs. A painting he did of Iggy Pop when they were living together in Berlin, along with the large skeleton keys to their apartment. A tailors measurements of Bowie for a suit, 26" waist. I feel so fortunate to have been able to gaze upon these things that belonged to David Bowie. I still remember seeing an album of his for the first time, Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders From Mars...at a mall in the tiny town I grew up in...I was in middle school & I bought it immediately...it remains my favorite album by my favorite artist. 
Kate bought a sparkly Bowie tshirt which just happened to look adorable with her red dress. 
Sexy girlie in red just before sunset...
I had a fantastic time in Chicago with my girlie...thank you, Kate!! 
I know the blues don't match, but I loved how the patterns looked together...

No comments:

Post a Comment