Friday, December 5, 2014

Chicago: Amanda Palmer

 Dress: Twirl Dress by Nic + Zoe (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for $10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Dansko
Longer Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Pen Nib Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo, Me, Stranger (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this swirly sweater dress to see Amanda Palmer in Chicago with Kate. I loved the rich cherry red color, the fabulous fit & flare cut, the textured ribbing, the 3/4 sleeves, & the scooped neckline. I could have used an extra few inches on the length & I loathe the exposed back zipper trend. Die. In looking it up on the Nic + Zoe website for this entry, I see this dress is over $200. I never even noticed how much it was on GB (or perhaps I forgot). It was lovely wearing this comfy dress & I'd happily pay $50 for this fab frock if I could cut the zipper off. Nic + Zoe make this dress in a variety of prints, I hope GB carries more of this flattering style in the future. This brand runs big, so I go down one from my usual size. 
Kate wore this adorable Cherry Velvet dress that we both got at the same time & have been holding onto for weeks waiting until we can get photos in it together. I haven't even worn mine yet! Doesn't she look like a 50s fantasy girl ironing her skirt?
Amanda Fucking Palmer, pierogis, & selfies at the hotel while waiting for our cab. 
 A kind stranger took our photo together. 

The venue was a marvelous old opera house. They actually served decent beer & cocktails. Instead of regular seating, Kate considerately purchased us a table so we could have space. 
The show was magnificent...she alternated between reading from her book, talking to us, & playing the grand piano & ukulele while performing her songs. I wasn't as thrilled with the interview portion of the evening with Peter Sagal from NPR, but overall, the evening was splendid. The line to get books signed was ridiculous, but I would have waited if the venue hadn't imposed a curfew of midnight, which because she went over onstage, meant there was no time to personalize, only autograph. 
Amanda looked fantastic. She put her kimono on after the show & passed us on the stairs. The first time Kate & I saw her with Dresden Dolls was in the back room of a bar in Chicago...she & Brian had mime/doll make-up on and were silently performing among the small audience before the show. 
Lots of wonderful texture to this dress...

2 comments:

  1. I love that dress and you look fabulous in it I just might have to join GB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michelle! Thank you SO much. I admin a group on Facebook called The Girls of GB...join us & you can see a lot of women wearing GB clothing & hear the good & bad about being a GB member. If you do join GB, pretty please use my link so I get more clothes *smile*.

      Delete