Monday, September 29, 2014

Testing Day

 Top: Abby Twist Top in Teal Chevron by Kiyonna (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month, offer ends September 30th)
Sandals: Born
Necklace: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo & Me (iPhone)
I wore this outfit to take the most terrifying test of my life. Normally, I'm a fan of Kiyonna tops...they always fit me so well, show just the right amount (a lot) of cleavage, & are the perfect length. This one got all of that wrong. I think most of the problems could have been solved with one size smaller, however, this is the size I always wear in every piece of Kiyonna clothing. The neckline flopped over when I walked & especially when I sat down...a good bit of my bra hung out, the arms were humongous, & the length made me feel dowdy. In looking at these photos, I should have tucked the top into the skirt or gathered up all that material & pinned it with a brooch. Alas, I didn't have any head space to think about fashion on this day. 
These pictures were taken right before we took the 4 hour Marriage & Family Therapist National Exam on August 18th, 6 weeks ago today. Super Boo & I studied...& studied...& it was horrible. We still do not know if we passed. Fingers crossed. 
The colors in the top were so pretty, I would love to wear a wrap dress made with this fabric. 

3 comments:

  1. You commented that the blouse made you feel dowdy; the photos show otherwise -- it seems to match your vibrancy and energy beautifully! Hooray for wearing something brave and beautiful on Testing Day (and good luck!) ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the pp that you look fabulous in this! And congrats on passing!

    ReplyDelete