Friday, June 3, 2022

Hot Club of Cowtown // Ahan // Wisconsin Film Fest

Dress: Velvet Empire Waist Midi Dress by Anthropologie (size 16) via Nuuly
Shoes: Old Navy, thrifted
Earrings: Kerala Rose
Necklaces & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
I felt oh, so, Bridgerton in this empire waist blush rose velvet dress...such a flattering color on me. I'm not sure it needed pockets, but the puffed sleeves & layered bottom was just so pretty...feminine & flowy. It runs at least a size too small & has no stretch. 
I had this dress in chartreuse that I wore for David's birthday back in February...& while that is one of my favorite colors, I rather liked this softer version equally as well. 
And I just happened to have some lovely rose gold glittery shoes & perfectly matching holographic nail polish. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Love Drug, HBIC & Sting eyeshadow from UD, Sugarpill Cosmetics eyeshadow in Fever Dream, Nectar lipliner from NYX, Bodyography lipliner in Heatherberry, Trinket lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics, & OPI nail polish in DS Classic. 
I first wore this dress to make dinner...2 favorite recipes from NYT...Sesame-Crusted Salmon with Butter & Ginger Sauce, served with Brussels Sprouts with Kimchi. I LOVE these 2 simple dishes SO much. Then I rushed out the door to get to my appointment with Sigrid to get my hair cut, then off to Stoughton to see Hot Club of Cowtown. Kate & I were supposed to see them with Davina back in 2020, but...
They brought their doggie! It was an excellent show & I bought the only vinyl they had. 
Above is me documenting the progress of my electrocuted bumps (spoiler alert: even the largest of them have since disappeared without a second treatment). The stage at Bur Oak. 
The second time I wore this outfit was our first day of Wisconsin Film Fest. David & I decided to start the day with lunch at Ahan (our first time). We began with Lao Egg Rolls (Enos Farm ground pork, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, vermicelli noodles, scallion, ginger, garlic, nuoc cham) & Chèvre Wontons (chèvre, cream cheese, scallion, sweet & sour)...both spectacular & so fresh tasting despite being fried. 
For our mains...David chose Laap Nuea (thin sliced medium-rare beef eye of round [Vindicator Beef], shallot, onion, cilantro, scallion, lime leaf, lemongrass, Thai chili, fish sauce, lime, toasted rice powder...served with cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, radish, pea shoots [Vitruvian Farm], & sticky rice). And I devoured Praram Long Song (fried chicken, delicata squash, broccoli, cauliflower, scarlet turnips, carrots, crimini & shiitake mushrooms, scallion, cilantro, peanuts, fried garlic...with a side of peanut sauce & jasmine rice). It was delightful...we'd go back to this place again & again & I'm so happy that they share space with Bur Oak (music venue). 
Waiting in line for our first movie, which Ben introduced. 
It was SO good to be back to our annual fest in person (3 years!) & the intro this year was my second favorite ever, so I never got tired of hearing it. Me & the girlie...Jason, Kate, David, & Me. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment