Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Lunch, Dinner, & Marc Maron

Dress: Pine Green Tonal Dot Print Fit & Flare Dress by London Times (size 14W) via Gwynnie Bee
Shoes: ?, thrifted 
Purse: present from David
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Former Etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
I adored the combination of greens, blue, & black in what looked to me like a leopard print & not merely dots. It was a rather conservative dress, but I liked the balloon sleeves & the length was just at the knees. 
I enjoyed bringing out all the colors in this dress with my make-up & accessories. 
These were my first photos after my neck lift, 1 week post-op...still puffy & bruised. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire, Crux & Zodiac eyeshadow by UD, Natasha Denona eyeshadow in Awakening, Bang lipliner & lipstick from UD, & Illamasqua nail polish in Viridian. 
I don't reach for these Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadows nearly enough...they were a bit fancy for this casual outfit, but I didn't let that stop me...I had mermaid eyes. I wore this dress to work, as well as to the 25th anniversary celebration of Edgewood College's Marriage & Family Therapy Program. Peter, the founder & David's mentor, flew in from New York. 
This was intense...I tackled Yotam Ottolenghi's Chicken Pastilla...it was a marvelous version. I first heard of this at Piepalooza years ago where it was served by Bunky's (the former owners of our house)...& I attempted to make it shortly after & it was good, but this was outstanding. A trip to the beauty supply. And lunch at Ahan.
We began with Pork Dumplings & Chèvre Wantons to share...soooo tasty. I got the same thing as last time, Praram Long Song with fried chicken & all the vegetables...David liked mine so much the first time we ate there, that he got it too. It's going to be difficult for me to try anything else. Message on the sidewalk outside the restaurant...Love Yourself. Good advice. 
Dinner at Sal's on Livingston started with cocktails. We both had a Sal's Spritzer (Death's Door gin, Thatcher's blood orange liqueur, aperol, lemon juice, simple syrup, Cune cava). 
Beef Tartare, Jalapeño Duck, & Spanakopita pizza (spinach cream, feta, kalamata olives, red onion, fried chickpea, chives). RIP to all these marvelous dishes (they have since changed their menu completely). 
We both ended with a Moody Blue (Plantation 3-Star rum, St. Elizabeth allspice dram, blueberry syrup, pineapple juice, lime juice, coconut cream). After dinner...off to The Barrymore to see Marc Maron...I've never sat in the balcony before. I hadn't heard his standup & only knew him from GLOW. He was hilariously dark...I would see him every time he came to town.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment