Monday, June 20, 2022

Charlie Parr // The Shitty Barn Season Opening Show: Sway Wild & Logan Ledger

Dress: Tiered & True Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size 1x) via Nuuly
Shoes: Born
Earring & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Necklace: The Embellishing Room  
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7"41-39-53
I adored this flowy flowery frock. It gave me Little House on the Prairie vibes, which aren't always my thing...but all these colors! I think they especially picked flattering softer shades up top to compliment most skin tones. Fantastic spring & autumn dress...with deep pockets. The fit was slightly big, but I think it was supposed to be loose. I would still size down at least one size. Great maxi length...I often have to wear heels because they are too long, but this one just grazed my ankles, which is ideal for this casual outfit. 
This is another dress I'd get this summer to wear with sandals...perhaps in September when the temperatures are cooling down...
This looks like an entirely different dress without all the bright lower half colors showing...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire; Analogue, Fran, & Legend eyeshadow from Kat von D; Bang lipstick & lipliner by UD; & OPI nail polish in Race Red. 
This Yotam Ottolenghi recipe for Quail (I used chicken thighs) with Burnt Miso Butterscotch & Pomegranate Walnut (I used pecans) Salsa was delicious...
Glamorous unflattering neck shots I took before surgery...
Market with the girlie on Record Store Day. The decorative iron we ordered for our pergola back in 2019 finally arrived & we picked it up from the powder coaters...pretty! I made dinner...Pot-au-Feu with pickled red onions, served with Baked Artichokes with Onions, Lemons, Black Olives, & Mint. 
I wore this dress to see Charlie Parr at the Stoughton Opera House...Andrea Von Kampen opened & she was lovely...I bought her vinyl. 
What a wonderful show...it was great to see Char Parr again...I've missed him. He was only accepting cash or Venmo...& he overheard me talking to the guy selling his merch saying I only have PayPal...so he nicely let me send him money that way & signed his new record for me. 
The first ramps at the co-op! I used some to make a salad to eat before seeing the opening show at The Shitty Barn with Kate...Sway Wild & Logan Ledger. Cumin Roasted Salmon with Cilantro Sauce was delightfully delicious...& I added a few handfuls of pistachios to the sauce to make it more pesto-esque. 
I am trying to be less anxious...so after putting our chairs in line, we ate...most of the time I am too worried about sitting in the front row to eat until after they open the doors. Silly. 
Pretty girlies in front of the barn...
Both acts were good...but I preferred Logan Ledger. We warmed ourselves by the fire between sets. Those pants though! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment