Monday, June 27, 2022

Birthday Girlie

Dress: Ginko Floral Zoe Midi Dress by Leota (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fluevog, Fairway: Trivialis 
Necklace & Bracelet: Wendy Baker 
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
These Zoe dresses are one of my favorite styles from Leota. They are great for work, like all their dresses...but when they come in pretty or fun patterns...they also work for casual wear. I adored the soft colors in this dress...the peach & yellow really work for me. The fit is great...this was too big on me, but that is my fault for not getting the correct size. My favorite parts of this style are the flowy short sleeves & fitted band at the waist...the only thing I dislike is the seam down the middle of the top. 
I say I don't like pastels, but look at me having all the right accessories for this outfit.
This was my first time wearing these Trivialis that I bought used, in perfect shape...
I think this was my very first flower necklace from Wendy, so its been around a long time & gets a lot of wear...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Sabbath, Natasha Denona Sunrise Palette, Bite Beauty lipliner in 72, Pumpkin lipliner from NYX, Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Clockwork, & Mural Mural on the Wall nail polish by OPI.
I first wore this dress on my birthday, May 1st. I was desperately in the mood for a good brunch buffet...& all my favorite places have stopped doing them or gone out of business. I discovered that Vintage Brewing Co in Sauk had one...so we drove out there. I had a mimosa while we waited for a table, then checked on the buffet...it was so sad...out of nearly everything, & the offerings they did have were not exciting. But we were already there, so we decided to stay. David had a Prickly Pear Lemonade (Western Son prickly pear vodka, lemonade, & lime juice). For starters, we ordered...cheese curds (passable) & nachos (YUM, would order again [pulled pork, black beans, cheddar jack cheese, roasted corn, jalapeños, salsa, VBC queso, sour cream, & chipotle peach BBQ]). I had a Moscow Mule made with rhubarb ginger gin...which I wasn't aware was a thing. For lunch, David had The 803 (Knoche's 7 oz beef patty topped with housemade pepper jam, peanut butter, crumbled bacon, & American cheese served on a brioche bun). I had the Bluegill Basket with tater tots. After lunch, we checked out some local antique stores & found some lovely treasures (non of which I took photos of)...a gold trifold mirror that we hung in the hallway outside David's office & some other small things. I took a picture of this wardrobe that I thought Kate might like & tried on a mink wrap...it wasn't quite right, but I decided I need one to wear with my fancier dresses in cold months. My favorite thing was looking through an old Life magazine from 1951 & this quote from the cover photographer..."Only once in my whole career did it happen that a blonde asked me, 'Please make me look intelligent.' Unfortunately, it was impossible." I came home with 2 records...the belly dance one, because it looked fun & the Joan Baez because it contains my favorite song of hers, Diamonds & Rust...about Bob Dylan. Selfie for my boyfriend & a new to me pair of Fluevogs. Some Snag tights that Angie stuck on her order for me finally came in...& some birthday gifts from David...a couple of sunhats, Colleen Toland jewelry, & a Lands End swimsuit. I also wore this dress to see the Nick Cave documentary, This Much I Know To Be True, with the girlie...

No comments:

Post a Comment