Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Chin Lift // U.P. Tattoo // The Quebe Sisters

Dress: Orchid Meadow Perfect Wrap Dress by Leota (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Shoes: Me Too, thrifted
All Jewelry: Colleen Toland
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7"41-39-53
Marvelous print...I just loved the shades of green, with brown & pink. These wrap dresses from Leota are always a great fit & I've worn them in countless patterns. They are the ideal work dress, but when the design is fun...they are good to wear out as well. The 1x was slightly too big on me, but that was my fault as I'm an XL now...for the most part...you know women's sizes. 
You will recognize this print, since I just wore it in the Mindy Dress...with all different accessories, save the stockings. I prefer this style because I like a v-neck. 
I wanted to bring the pink out this time since I focused on the green with the other dress. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew; Misfit, Vinyl, Destroyer, & Löve eyeshadow by Kat von D; NYX lipliner in Fuchsia; UD lipstick in Lovedrunk & Big Bang; Strawberry Frozé lipstick from Bite Beauty; & Essie nail polish in Forever Family. 
I first wore this dress to work...selfie for my boyfriend. Then I threw it on to drive myself to the hospital to get a chin lift (David picked me up, but I had to be there by 6 am...no need to make him get up). After losing well over 200 pounds...I had a LOT of extra skin on my neck...& I just wanted it gone. It was more painful than I thought it would be...but I didn't take any time off except for the day of surgery. The following day, I went to my doctor's office so he could take out the drains & check everything. 
Also, the week of this surgery...I found out the surgeon I had applied to in Mexico had accepted me (it was an 8 month wait) for plastic surgery to get the rest of my loose skin removed. Typically, women get belly, boobs, & arms done during the first round, but because I've lost so much, he may only be able to remove my stomach skin this time...which is the worst...there is SO much of it. So we wired them the downpayment & I am scheduled for October...I am SO excited! I am trying not to be disappointed I can't get all 3 things done at once...so it may be at least 3 trips, as in addition to what I listed above, I'll also need my thighs done. Except for my arms (& neck), I don't consider any of this cosmetic. All the melting skin causes issues I'd rather not deal with it. However, I am also getting plastics done because it will make me feel better about my body. I chose Dr. Galvez because he specializes in weight loss patients (most have had gastric bypass), whereas the majority of surgeons are more accustomed to mommy makeovers, which is not the same thing...I wanted someone that had a lot of practice removing 20+ pounds of skin. I also wore this dress to an appointment with Mar for them to begin my U.P. tattoo. 
Pretty! They worked on the night sky, sunset over Lake Superior with an iron ore boat floating on the water...things that make me think of home...blueberries on my toe & a tiny campfire on the beach. 
That same day...I made David & I a simple dinner...pan fried salmon with crispy garlic, dill, & lemon...with roasted Brussels sprouts & bacon. 
After dinner...I headed to Stoughton Opera House to see The Quebe Sisters...they were fantastic...I didn't even know who they were until they showed up on the opera house schedule. I'll listen to every band they book because they have introduced me to so much new music...the same with The Shitty Barn. 
There were no photos allowed, but of course I snuck a few from my front row seat...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment