Thursday, June 30, 2022

The Importance of Being Earnest // Heritage Tavern

Dress: Ruffle-Sleeve Printed-Wrap Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size 1x) via Nuuly
Sandals: Dansko
Blue Earring: Kerala Rose
Creme Earring: etXarte
Bracelet & Pin: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
Super sexy true wrap dress...mostly I'm just a sucker for brown...& unusual color combinations...brown, cream, & periwinkle. I really liked the pattern of dots on this dress, the silkiness, & all the ruffles. The negatives: I had to pin the neckline closed, that slit really went up high, & there was no way to not have my bra showing in the back because of how cutout it was...none of that kept me from loving wearing this maxi however. 
That's a lot of droopy skin on that knee *shrug*...it's what I'm left with. Fluttery back, with bonus bra...
This was my first time wearing this little vintage pin we picked up at Elkhorn Antique Flea Market a few years back. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Roach; Ounce, Lumbre, & Scorched eyeshadow by UD; MAC lipliner in Chicory; Gothica lipstick from Kat von D; & OPI nail polish in Talk of the Town Brown. 
I wore this dress to go out to see a play with David...The Importance of Being Earnest. Selfie for my boyfriend. We love that the Bartell is *right* next door to Heritage Tavern...we popped in for pre-show cocktails...I went with an old standby, Bellini Sfumato (Tito's vodka, Sfumato amaro, creme de peche, sage syrup, Jamaican #1 bitters, lemon juice, cava)...& David tried a brand new drink, & our favorite of the night, Bananas Foster the People (Angostura 1919, El Dorado 5 year, creme de banane, Canna-maple Demerara, lime & orange juices, Angostura, & Hellfire bitters). 
The Importance of Being Earnest...we've seen really good productions of this at APT...this was not good. The actors mostly said the words, but didn't seem to understand...comedy requires you say words & sentences a certain way for it to be funny. The audience laughed, but it felt like a waste of time...so we left at intermission & went back to Heritage. 
Our beloved deviled eggs. David tried a second new addition to the cocktail menu, Fool's Spring (Ford's gin, Stateline aquavit, galangal syrup, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, celery bitters). I had to have my own Bananas Foster the People...soooo good. We also shared Gnocchetti & Clams (little neck clams, gruyere broth, fried Brussels sprouts leaves, bacon, grilled bread, pickled leek, pine nut gremolata). I've been resisting buying the UD Wild West palette...but they were selling it for 1/2 off, so...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment