Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Jack Broadbent // Mickey Sunshine

Dress: Butterfly Print Teal Dress by Eva Rose (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: MAK
Tights: ?
Shoes: Fluevog, Enneagram: Peacemaker 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: former Etsy shop, gift from Kate
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
First of all, this dress is clearly the much cooler Luna moth & not butterflies...& just such lovely night colors. I adored this dress...Eva Rose is similar to Cherry Velvet with their vintage inspired cotton dresses with pockets. I wouldn't change a thing about this dress with the exception of the size. I have since gotten this style dress in an XL & the fit is perfection. It's just hard for me to wrap my head around not wearing a plus size. 
I was happy to bring out the burgundy in this dress with my accessories...including the tights, which are sparkly & looked fabulous in person. 
This was my first time wearing these adorable Peacemakers that David bought me a few Christmas' ago...a comfortable 2-inch heel & just the ideal match in color & style for this frock. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire, Too Faced eyeshadow in Golden Nugget & Pink Pearl, Raw Power eyeshadow from Kat von D, UD lipliner & lipstick in Gash, & OPI nail polish in Wine Me & Dine Me. 
I first wore this dress to attend another day at the film fest with David & Kate...the film maker of the documentary we liked, Charm Circle, was there talking about what it was like to make this film about her family & taking questions. Also, my attempt at a sexy selfie for my boyfriend. 
The second time I wore this dress, I went to Bur Oak for the first time to see Jack Broadbent. I had an old-fashioned, but did not eat any food from Ahan, which I regret...you order it & they bring it to your table. Next time. Shoe-fie.  
Andrew Christianson, a local musician, opened & was quite good. Jack Broadbent was marvelous...a truly wonderful blues/rock guitarist (& a sexy man with a great English accent)...& he brought his dad. I had never heard of him until Bur Oak posted he was playing there & out of curiosity...I looked him up on Spotify...& I liked him SO much that I decided to buy tickets even though it was on a film fest day. There was a friends group of unlikely people who danced most of the night...they were fun to watch...& one of the guys kept asking me to dance until I finally did. 
Buying smoked salmon for Easter brunch at Costco...which is not the place to go to be in line for one thing...but their salmon is my favorite. Kate pointed out that my nails match the salmon. Totally planned. I know this looks like shoe-fie #2, but I was trying to get a photo of my sparkly tights. 
The third & final time I wore this outfit (I was obviously in love) was to see another band...Mickey Sunshine at Dark Horse. Several months back we were taking pictures at a nearby warehouse & they were practicing. I was about to write a note to put on the cars there, when 2 guys came out to smoke on the balcony & I asked their name. 
I had a couple of delightful cocktails & a slice of Sal's pepperoni pizza while listening to the 2 opening bands. 
I might not have gone had I realized Mickey Sunshine was playing last. I wasn't really into the first band, but the second...The Antibuddies, were a fun female fronted group. All in all...it was a punk rock night that my high school self would have been jealous of. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment