Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Symphony Rehearsal // Cento

Dress: Thea Maxi Dress by Lusana (size 1x) via Nuuly 
Sandals: Sanita
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: Colleen Toland
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
The colors in this dress were a stunning combination on me, if I do say so myself...the peachy color looked so good with my skin & the red really pops...& there were stamped gold squares throughout. This dress was the ideal maxi length & I loved the tiers & flowy-ness. It's all downhill from there however...the top was shirred both front & back, but it didn't come down far enough in front & was constantly riding up my chest & giving it an even more unflattering muumuu silhouette than it had when sitting properly. I am barely a C cup & I would need to be much smaller to make this work. I got SO many compliments, but I just didn't feel pretty wearing this. It's too bad this company only fits on flat chested women. The only other dress I've had from them had the same issue on top. Lusana is out of Australia & focuses on beach ready pieces...but for $330...I'd expect a better fit. 
This was my first time wearing these shoes David bought me at a shoe sale this woman has twice a year in her yard. She says her daughter works at Shopbop & that's where she gets them from...but I think the shoes are too conservative for that, so *shrug*.
I need a bigger red flower earring...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Double Life, Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions eyeshadow palette, Year of the Dragon eyeshadow by Mon Ennui Cosmetics, Cherry lipliner from MAC, UD lipstick in F-Bomb, & OPI nail polish in Red Heads Ahead. 
I wore this dress to attended The Madison Symphony Orchestra's open rehearsal of Beethoven, 'His Greatest Hits', with David. First, I made us a dinner of Shrimp with Kerkenaise Sauce, served with Asparagus with Sauce Gribiche & Fried Capers. 
This was David's first time at a rehearsal & we both enjoyed it...I find this free event much more interesting than a regular performance. I like hearing the feedback & how they incorporate it into how they play. Afterwards...in a moment of weakness, we decided to go into Cento...it was just across the street from Overture Center & we had parked right there. We are never impressed with Food Fight restaurants & this is why. We had 4 terrible cocktails & some mediocre food...other than the octopus. The octopus was outstanding. So, David & I have renewed our no Food Fight pledge. David wanted to go to one of our reliably delightful favorites, Sal's or Lucille, but I wanted to go somewhere different. 
The first plate they brought out was the Grilled Octopus (chickpea, chorizo, cherry tomato, fennel, chili oil)...it was lovely...delicious & balanced...octopus perfectly cooked. Too many garbanzo beans, but that is a minor complaint. We also had Fried Roman Artichokes (pickled shallot, lemon aioli).
Bacon-Wrapped Dates (sausage, piquillo pepper sauce). Fried Calamari (chili aioli, giardiniera).
And the final, & worst dish of the evening...Tuna Tartare (lemon, caperberry, cracker). It was still a nice night out, despite our poor choices. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment