Thursday, January 16, 2020

Wasted: Bubbles

 Dress: Chili Pepper Parquet Jacquard Circle Dress by Leota (size 4L) via Gwynnie Bee Try Then Buy
Cardigan: Charter Club Woman (size 2x), thrifted
Tights: Snag in Burgundy
Shoes: Hobbs London, thrifted 
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress was fabulous...the pattern was spectacular & I always adore the fit on these Leota Circle Dresses. So. I bought it. After vowing not to buy any clothing or make-up in 2020. But. Cuteness & a sale won me over. 
I decided to pair this frock with a pink & cream polka dot cardigan & light red with cream polka dotted shoes...both thrifted. 
Zoomed in on the shoes...
In the tube, this NYX lipstick looked like a close match to the nail polish I chose...but on, it was much darker...so I dabbed a bit of the Urban Decay Fireball eyeshadow on top to lighten it up.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline, UD eyeshadow in Fireball, Huda Beauty Ruby Obsessions eyeshadow palette, Biker Babe NYX Liquid Suede, & Forever Family nail polish by Essie. 
I first wore this dress to see a Sports Medicine doctor about my painful knee...I have a torn meniscus in several places & walking hurts a lot. He gave me a few non-surgical options & also let me know that if I need a knee replacement down the road...I'm too fat. So, unless I lose over 150 pounds...forget about it. I have a friend who is close to my size who had two knee replacements at The Mayo Clinic & they didn't mention her weight. So. Also, my Sephora Play! box. And while not wearing this dress...I made one of my favorite salmon recipes & after dozens of times making it...I noticed it is by Alison Roman of delicious cookie fame
Angie made this spectacular busy board for Freddie...it was fun watching him try to figure out the various latches. Then we ate yummy citrus salmon with fennel. 
I wore this dress to the first indoor farmers' market of the year...at a new location. And, boy...was it packed. They were expecting 1,000 people...but 4,000 of us stormed the gates. Late winter market typically takes Kate & me 15 minutes tops...this took over an hour. There was also a trip to Batch to get bread for wine tasting later that day. 
My favorites!
Perusing Lindsay's Alison Roman cookbooks...I have them both on my library list to get so I can make more of her tasty food. Her first book has the citrus salmon recipe I love so much...however, she pared it down here & it doesn't sound nearly as good. 
Nibbles & bubbles...soooo many bubbles.
Dancing the Charleston, Korean beef dish Lindsay made for dinner, & the lovely couple...reunited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment