Tuesday, January 7, 2020

A Christmas Haunting

 Dress: Color Block Fit & Flare Dress by eShakti (size 28) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: We Love Colors in Rust
Shoes: 9 West
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Feeling Mad Men in this color blocked dress that matched our garage. I loved this dress...it fit fairly well with the exception of all the material in the long deep pockets & the extra fabric in the back neckline. Okay, mostly it's the colors...they reminded me of all the pretty appliances of my youth...& the soft stretchy cotton was comfy cozy. 
We painted our original '50s garage door this past summer...it was a boring white, with a bit of dark red...now it is fabulous...
It's so nice not to have to look for a location to take pictures.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew, MORPHE x Jaclyn Hill Armed & Dangerous eyeshadow palette, NYX lipliner in Pumpkin, Blood Orange lipstick from Bite Beauty, Heat lipstick by UD, & OPI nail polish in Suzi Needs a Loch-smith.
I didn't wear this outfit to babysit Freddie, but, cuteness! Angie & Toby went out for Angie's birthday & David & I got to spend time with this little cutie. 
Right after taking these outfit photos...David & I drove to Spring Green to see our first play by Two Crows Theatre Company...A Christmas Haunting. This is what American Players Theatre actors do on their off season. It was a fabulous one woman performance...we bought tickets to the rest of the season. SO nice to have something to look forward to in the cold dark winter. 
The next day, I wore this outfit again to have a luxurious facial with Sara at ANiU. David got me a gift card here for my birthday last year & I've since made it a regular event. I used to just get one every few years...but I love it so much. I find it extremely relaxing...I can just feel the anxiety leaving my body. And my skin feels marvelous. It was just before Christmas, so they had a man playing piano.
Making Christmas! I also absolutely did not wear this outfit to Christmas...but I wanted to put these pictures somewhere. Angie told me not to dress up, so I didn't...but I only have two modes...dressed up or crawling around in the sewer. I made ginger scones, Meyer lemon curd, & kale butternut salad. Kate brought a few bottles of delightful bubbly bubbles. Chill cat.
These gingers look like they could be related...
Christmas brunch was yum...even the vegan waffles Angie made for Kate...she asked me the day before...if I make the waffles vegan for Kate, will she eat them. I replied, yes...but will we?!
After dinner...David took Freddie for a walk outside in the gorgeous weather...in the 50's...in Wisconsin! Then David, Kate, & Jason took photos & went walking. 
This is all I've got if I don't dress up...I wear my pajamas...otherwise known as a dress I got back in the 90s. My goal for next Christmas is to make myself holiday themed casual wear...so, more pajamas...but in nice shape & festive. Kate entertained us by playing the autoharp & singing holiday classics. Freddie kept asking me, where's elly? 

No comments:

Post a Comment