Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Nashville: Food, Pipeline, & Thrifting

 Dress: Sunflower Print Mixed Media Dress by eShakti (size 30) via Gwynnie Bee Try Then Buy
Cardigan: MAK (size 4x) via Modcloth
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
All Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This sunflower dress just makes me SO happy...I love sunflowers & yellow is the color of happiness! I bought this last summer after it was sent to me & I couldn't quite send it back. I nearly didn't wear it this year, but then Nashville happened & it turns out the end of October is still sandal season there. 
I picked the same teggings & sandals as the first time I wore this dress, but all the jewelry is different. 
How fabulous is this street art?! Nashville has so many murals that I would never have to use the same one as a backdrop twice! I could probably do something like this, right??? Our backyard wall needs some splashes of color & pattern. 
On our second day in Nashville we had breakfast/lunch at Puckett's. My mom & I had dinner here when we were in Nashville & I thought it was pretty tasty. We shared some fried green tomatoes that came with a cheese dipping sauce & I had the fried chicken with a side of mac & cheese. Yum. 
After lunch...we headed to the Nashville Rep to see Pipeline. It may seem like a weird thing to check out local theatre on vacation, but it's my thing now. This play was SO GOOD. And the set design was amazingly creative. 
After the play, something more traditionally touristy...we waited in line to take my picture with the What Lifts You Wings...
Then went across the street to take outfit photos in front of a much less famous wall. And, back to the less popular tourist destination of thrift stores. David scored big time at Music City Thrift (I nabbed this photo online because I forgot to take any)...he must have gotten ~60 button up shirts. I got two tops & some yoga pants for sleeping in...& nothing at all at ThriftSmart. But I must say...both stores had the biggest plus size section I'd ever seen.
After thrifting...dinner at Uncle Bud's Catfish Chicken & Such. We barely made it before they closed & they were so kind to us. It's an all you can eat place...I got catfish & David tried their chicken...the multiple sides were also bottomless, but the only one we took advantage of was the hush puppies...look at the size of those babies. I'm not sure why this is mostly just a southern thing...they are addictive. Relaxing back at our cute airbnb.  

No comments:

Post a Comment