Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Wine Time

 Dress: Illusions Floral Fit & Flare Dress by eShakti (size 28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Tights: We Love Colors in Scarlet Red
Shoes: Born, thrifted
Earring, Necklace, & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I pulled this heavy cotton dress out of the box & thought...oh, no...not for me, but once I put it on I thought it was rather darling. The mesh top made it slightly elegant in an every day way...although it always bothers me when something basic (stretch cotton) is paired with something fancy (see through sexy mesh)...but it was still fun to wear once & send back. The fit was good, perfect length, adored the bell sleeves...such a pretty dress. Other than the mesh, the fact that eShakti never carries their embroidery to the back is what kept me from purchasing this dress. I think they should put at least one, if not three of the flowers/butterflies on the back of the dress too. 
Something extremely exciting about wearing this dress...I finally pulled out the strapless bra David bought me a few years back. I LOVE it! It's a black strapless bra from Wacoal. If you are in the market for new bras that fit properly...contact the bra whisper, Melissa at Whisper Intimate Apparel. She somehow manages to fit me in bras from Oklahoma! She's the sister of one of the Girls of GB members & she is magical...I never had bras that fit me so well.
Look! No bra straps showing...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew; Bang Bang, Turn On, Devilish, & Young Love eyeshadow by UD; Kat von D Electric Warrior Metal Crush Eyeshadow; Big Bang & 714 lipstick from UD; & China Glaze nail polish in Ruby Pumps. 
I wore this dress to Holiday Wine Tasting at Square...where David & I signed up to host our wine group, Wasted, next October. That means the house has to be done...at least the upstairs world...with furniture & *everything*. We can do it?!
Wine was tasted, food was nibbled...
I bought this plaid sequin dress from the Black Friday sale at Eloquii to wear for NYE...but I wasn't thrilled with how it fit...the shoulders were too large & the sleeves were too long...I did not feel my most fabulous self in it. And even at 1/2 off, it was $100 (it is on sale right now for only $45). So, I had David take some quick pictures of me in it (not styled, obviously). I liked it *much* better with the sleeves pushed up...but I still sent it back. I contemplated buying it again for $45, but that still seems too high...I wanted to love it & I just didn't...but if the price gets cut in 1/2 again...I might try to tailor it. 
After market, but before wine tasting, Kate & I stopped into Madison Chocolate Co. (the Happy Holidays sign) so I could pick up a few bars of 100% chocolate for David...& Kate bought me the chocolate piggy pictured below...piggy!!! Spectacular Heidi Daus paisley necklace I found on eBay. 
Some subscription boxes...the December Play! And a new one...Boxy Charm...this was both the November & December boxes. It's a lovely box, but more for someone who doesn't already have enough make-up to fill up a room. I wish I could subscribe to a monthly skincare box...every month could have multiple items by one brand...I'd be so there for that. So, I had to Google it, & of course there are skincare boxes...I'm going to look into it...if you have one you like...let me know. 

Also, our tree! I got him at the Confectionique Merry Miracles market from my last post...I was going to surprise David with it...but he came into my closet just as I had gotten him out of his bag...he loved him.

No comments:

Post a Comment