Sunday, January 20, 2019

NYE at Estrellón

 Dress: Autumn Helena Maxi Dress by City Chic (size XXL/24)
Shawl: Mossimo
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Mossimo, thrifted
Earring, Necklace, & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
We got our first snow storm of the year on NYE...just as we were picking Kate up for photos outside. Since that wasn't possible...we decided to snap some shots in the Ovation lobby that connects to our dinner destination, Estrellón. Indoor lighting is never the best, but it's what we had available to us. Don't we look like we are headed to prom?
Kate's jacket was purple sparkly, which unfortunately didn't show up in these pictures. 
I'm wearing gold/black sparkly socks & black sequined shoes. You can see the snow falling out this window...
This is my first time wearing both this dress & velvet burnout shawl. I bought the dress 2 or 3 years ago during a big City Chic sale, I think I paid $20 for it. The shawl is from Target on sale for $11 nearly 2 years ago. The dress was lovely, but a tad big on top...but I'm used to clothing companies thinking I should have bigger boobs at my size. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Voodoo eyeliner by Urban Decay; Anastasia eyeshadow in Celestial, Drama, & Summer; Make Up For Ever eyeshadow in Tangerine; UD Space Powder; Manhunter Lip Tar by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics; Heat lipstick from UD; & OPI nail polish in Queen of West Web-erly & Orange You Fantastic!
 Super cute girlies with tasty drinks & tapas.
Everything was amazing until our main course of market veggie paella, which we've had before in the spring. This combination of sweet potato, caramelized onions, winter squash, chai spice, cranberry, pear, candied pecans, & Thai chili-vanilla vinaigrette...was...odd at first, but it grew on both of us...but what made it disappointing was the best part of paella, the socarrat...the crusty crispy bottom of the rice in the pan that we normally fight to scrap every last bit of, was burnt. And that was very sad. But the meal was delicious & delightful...I'm still dreaming of those scallops with King David apple & my cocktail, Winter in Reykjavik...made with Reyka vodka, Brovo orange curaçao, cranberry, house-made ginger beer, & lime. 
After dinner, David came to fetch us (Kate asked him if he would drive because she didn't want to risk her life with me driving in the miserable weather)...& she gave me this adorable block covered in photos of us! David & I went on to Angie & Toby's house, but ended up not staying long because David didn't feel well. Look at that precious Freddy face! 
The next day...everything was so pretty...& the dogs enjoyed frolicking in the snow. January 1st is David & my anniversary...we had bought a special bottle of champagne & he made scallop ceviche with greens, sweet potatoes, & lobster tail. He also bought me some sweet thoughtful gifts & we spent a wonderful day together. I stayed in my pajamas all day, which was perfect. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment