Tuesday, August 8, 2017

The Moth: Beauty

 Dress: Napoli Dress in Montparnasse by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee #borrownbuy
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Age Before Beauty
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I immediately bought this dress...I adore the style & lived in this dress in another print last fall (which I also finally bought just recently from the GB resellers). Effie's Heart is my go-to casual cute look. This pattern is fabulous...it reminds me of wallpaper...from a distance the background reads pink...but up close you can see it's a mauve pinstripe. The fit & length are perfect for me. 
I decided instead of adding color to this neutral dress...I'd go back to my goth roots & go dark. 
Let's talk about my make-up...this was my first time wearing this NYX eyeliner (that I bought back in January)...it is now my new favorite liner color...oxblood *swoon*...also my first time wearing Colourpop lipstick (that I bought over a year ago)...it was gluggy after a few minutes of trying to get it on just so...I'll have to try a different shade & give myself a shorter time to get it right to see if this is the norm. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX Faux Blacks eyeliner in Oxblood, NYX Ultimate eyeshadow palette in Warm Neutrals, LAX Colourpop Ultra Matte lipstick, & We the Female nail polish by OPI. 
Kate's boyfriend Jason had an extra ticket to The Moth & asked if I wanted to go...yes!!! I've been meaning to check it out live...& the theme was perfect for me...I like beauty. It was good & I'd go again...but for some reason I thought it would be different from the other storytelling events I've been to...more polished? And it was just the same...some good stories, a few great storytellers, & some people that should have practiced more. 
 I may have gotten a few dresses on sale from City Chic...

No comments:

Post a Comment