Monday, May 8, 2017

When Life Gives You A Lemon Dress

 Dress: Dolce Vita Dress in Citrus Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Denim 24/7, thrifted 
Teggings: Re/Dress
Shoes: Ahnu by Teva, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I have this thing with Effie's Heart dresses I get from Gwynnie Bee...I can't stop wearing them...they're just so comfortable, cute, & casual...perfect for running errands, farmers' market, work...anywhere. I own this style of dress in an orange floral print & thought I was going to buy this one too...but the colors read a bit too grey for me to pay GB's prices. I'll seek this one out from a reseller's group because I would wear this dress to garage sales all summer long. 
This dress comes with a cummerbund style belt, but I hardly ever wear the belts. Effie's Heart heavy t-shirt fabric dresses are carefree & easy...my version of jeans & a tee. And check out my sporty shoes...I got these for $6 during a Savers 50% off sale. I nearly didn't get them...I said to David, these are kind of expensive for shoes I'd just wear bumming around...& he responded...oh, you mean the shoes you'd wear more than any others? Um, yeah. I've been living in these cute & comfy shoes. 
Lights! We have been buying all the lights. I spied these two at Re/Store & brought them home. I'm not crazy about the tiny creme lampshades...but I think if I stain or dye them they'll be awesome. I'm thinking they will both end up illuminating the closet. 
These itty bitty mandarins were on sale at the co-op & so delicious...I bought over a 100 of them to snack on during film fest...I'm still finding bits of peel in the bottom of my purse. Check out her fabulous Clockwork Orange jacket! Fashion spied while grocery shopping. Browsing at Deconstruction Inc...I love old metal cabinets & this one has gold colored hardware. Investigating the cabinet possibilities at Menards...David is making our kitchen cabinets, but there are SO many possibilities & decisions. 
10am film fest movie...not only is the main bar open, but this auxiliary bar too. Oh, Wisconsin. I haven't been sharing many photos of our house remodel, but here's one standing in our shower looking out to the front door. The shower used to be a powder room, but we thought a humongous walk-in shower sounded more useful. More lighting! We decided to pass on this one (found at Re/Store in Milwaukee), but came home with this adorable desk.
Lunch...dinner? at Dumpling Haus on a chilly day with the girlie...between films at Wisconsin Film Fest. I thought this wagon at Deconstruction was charming...but couldn't think of what I'd use it for, so it is still there. I spent the entire day looking at flooring & bathroom tile options...hours & hours. Two decisions were made...we ended up getting that acacia wood floor below for our living room, dining room, & hallway, but not the kitchen...even though that is a sample of our countertops on top of it...I found a gorgeous warm toned cork flooring for the kitchen. 
 The first outdoor farmers' market of the year! Ramps!! And...precious flower headpiece with a yellow dress & RED hair spotted at the market. 
 Our annual spring ramp adoration photos. 
Photo from 1989...Shane, Neil, girl I don't remember, Drew, & Michael. Shane was my best friend & has been gone since 2012 & Drew was recently murdered. I had this photo on my phone on this day because Neil had posted it & Shane's lovely niece (second cousin) was in town & I shared it with her while hanging out in Gregory's (Shane's) backyard, which he has named Shane-Gri-La. 
My make-up with this ensemble included...Kat von D eyeshadow in Legend & Hyperballad, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Misdemeanor & Freeze, Dozen Carnations lipstick by MAC, & OPI nail polish in This Color's Making Waves. 

2 comments:

  1. That dress is everything and I love the accessories you've worn with it. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Drew. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah...Effie's Heart makes some cute dresses. Drew's murder was a strange thing...we still don't know why the guy did it & perhaps never will.

      Delete