Monday, May 15, 2017

My Life As A Zucchini

 Dress: Lace Up Dress in Navy Paisley by Alice & You (size 28) via Gwynnie Bee Shop
Cardigan: Talbots, thrifted
Leggings: Torrid
Shoes: Boden, thrifted
Earring: Vintage 80s
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I had this dress from GB last year & liked it well enough to buy it when it showed up in the GB Shop for $11...my only complaint about it is a bit too much gray for my liking...but, paisley. Great fit & length. 
I've had these gray & black striped leggings from Torrid for over a decade & this is my first time wearing them. The cardigan I thrifted a few years ago & this was also its first outing with me...I decided to throw it on to wear once before I donated it...but it turns out I adore it. Both Kate & our waitress agreed I should keep it. 
These photos were taken outside a pretty old church in Milwaukee.
I wore this ensemble for the last day of film fest. My favorite movies this year were: Lost in Paris, Bugs (documentary), My Life As A Zucchini, & Frantz. Pizza before our final film...including Nutella pizza for dessert, which three of us shared...my curiosity is now satisfied & I won't have to have it again. 
On another day...burgers at Alchemy with David & sweet potato fries. Some pretty art in the bathroom at the co-op. And the final indoor farmers' market of the season with the girlie. 
 Savers 50% off sale...
Super Boo & I traveled to Milwaukee for the day because Wednesday is 20% off everything at ReStore...look at this fabulous olive velvety love-seat we scored! We also came home with a coffee table for our rec room, several light fixtures, & a few doors. Then on to I.M. Salvage to pick up some doors we bought the last time we were in town...that place is a trip...it would be the perfect location for a movie shoot-out...vast, dark, & so many places to hide. They have row upon row of old toilets & tank covers...& I finally discovered the source of the creepy hellos that echo through the place...way up high...there is a parrot. A guard parrot. Also, they are holding our doors hostage in a room that only the owner has the key to & despite us leaving for a few hours & coming back...the doors remained there. 
WasteCap is a new to us salvage shop...expensive, but so many treasures. All those bits of wrought iron *swoon*...& that cherub fountain. We loaded up on doors there...8, I think...those were totally reasonable. 
The friendly adorable woman working there suggested we try Oscar's for lunch...she recommended the Aloha burger...how did she know?! Pineapple & avocado is my new favorite accompaniment on my burger. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Abyss eyeliner by Urban Decay, NYX eyeshadow palette in The Brights, Modern Renaissance eyeshadow palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills, Blood Orange lipstick by Bite Beauty, MAC lipstick in Dozen Carnations, & OPI nail polish in Do You Sea What I Sea?

No comments:

Post a Comment