Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thanksgiving

 Dress: Wrap Dress in Crimson Cherry by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Shoes: Nine West, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Pin & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress to Thanksgiving with doggies. I am head over heels for this color combination...pink, burgundy, & black...yes! It was under $40 to buy & I was the first person to get it...however, the fit was not great. The waistband was positioned too low for me as I prefer empire waists; the length was too short, so when I sat in a chair & leaned back...my panties were on display; that pin I'm wearing was necessary as there was so much fabric on top that it just drooped otherwise; & there was a pointless heavy zipper up the back. However, the worst offender were the pockets. Pockets do not belong on wrap or even faux wrap dresses...these were just all wrong on me as they lumped out on either side of my hips. Also, where the dogs jumped up on me...the dress pilled horribly. I cannot have a dress in my life that pills so easily...I have never had a dress pill that quickly...& dogs jump up on me in a regular way because...dog love!! 
Kate wanted to walk around Cherokee Marsh & then to Angie & Toby's for Thanksgiving. I offered to transport her wine, but she's a stubborn girlie...self! It rained steadily most of the day, so she was soaked. This cranberry relish spread on a cracker with cream cheese is consistently my favorite thing Angie makes every year. I don't know why I am so enamored with it...I am not particularly a cranberry lover. 
Mmmmm...wine. I like sparkling wine. elly & Josh showed up & made Corn Flake Milk White Russians that they had in NYC. Extremely tasty. They also brought the best Rice Crispy Treats I've ever had...brown butter & sea salt...YUM!
Doggieeeeeees!!!!! Angie & Toby have 2 dogs (1 not pictured) & a foster, plus they were watching 2 friend's dogs...5 doggies! I could just watch dogs play all day long...so cute! The Thanksgiving feast was delicious...Angie is a wonderful cook & baker. David had bought a new game for us to play since we are tired of Cards Against Humanity...however, this was not the fun game the store clerk claimed it would be. Angie described it best when she said it would be good for a church function. 
I fell madly in love with their foster, Val...so of course I immediately encouraged terrible behavior. Look at how much I am enjoying being naughty in the second photo David took...I was letting her lick a little whipped cream off my fingers. You'd rather see that then a plate full of pie covered with whipped cream, right?
This outfit did not deserve its own post as I barely put any thought into it & didn't like a thing about it. I wore it twice...first to meet our dog trainer, then again to work with our trainer on walking our new dog. This is a GB house brand top that I thought I would try since the pattern is so fun...but there was no shape to it. 
My Thanksgiving make-up included...Stila eyeliner in Deep Burgundy, Kat Von D eyeshadows in Rewind & Harpsichord, Nars lipstick in Majella, & Colors by Llarowe nail polish in P51. 

No comments:

Post a Comment