Monday, December 21, 2015

Rainy California

 Dress: Blouson Knit Dress in Garden Floral by London Times (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Shoes: Nine West, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress to help decorate David's grandma's Christmas tree & run errands. The colors in this dress were spectacular, however, I didn't care for the pixelated print...leaves or peacock feathers would have been divine. The fabric was a soft knit...like a baby's blanket...& I enjoyed the long blouson sleeves that were just the right length & were the perfect match for the blouson top. This was supposed to come with a belt, but it was missing...& not necessary as the elastic held it in place. Just below knee length on me, which I prefer. Lovely winter dress, but this brand does run a size or two large as the 24 was a great fit on me. 
I ran all over Madison looking for this gold sequin skirt by Ava & Viv from Target...no luck & it wasn't available for shipping online...only pick-up. Luckily, I had the brilliant idea of searching availability in Chico, CA, since we were going to be out there for Christmas...so it was there waiting for me & was 30% off since I purchased it...so this beauty is now mine for the low price of $24. I took a picture of the sequin pants because I was going to text it to Kate because they'd look ADORABLE on her...they also had short full sequin skirts in gold & black. Any interest, girlie?
Decorating the tree at David's grandma's house! 
We've been lucky the past few years...it's been sunny & in the 60s for our California Christmas...this year it's been rainy.
 
But! The oranges, mandarins, & Meyer lemons in David's grandma's yard all look & taste delicious. Picking citrus right off a tree & eating it will always be magical to me. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew; UD eyeshadow in Mildew, Half Baked, & Darkhorse; Bite Beauty lipstick in Toast; & OPI nail polish in Take the Stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment