Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Pie Palooza

 Dress (worn as a top): Tulip Hem Scoop Neck Dress by tbagslosangeles (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Skirt: Enwrapture Vintage Silk Sari
Sandals: Born, thrifted
Necklace & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this ensemble to Pie Palooza. I'm a big fan of tbagslosangeles dresses, however, this doesn't quite qualify as a dress on me...although it does make an excellent top. The fabric feels lovely & soft, the uneven hem is fun, & the cut out back is sexy. On the negative side...the sleeves are hugely long & the bottom is so tight that there is no way I could wear this as a dress even if it were long enough. Kate really liked it on me as a top, so if it came up for sale for ~$20, I'd probably buy it. 
Pie! All of the pie! We look forward to Pie Palooza every year. Pies of the sweet & savory varieties are donated by local restaurants with the proceeds going to REAP (a nonprofit that promotes locally grown food & small farmers). 
Can't look up...too busy eating pie! That Dark Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie from Batch was my favorite pie this year. Below, the Spaghetti Pie was the opposite of yummy. 
After pie, we all went to a shoe garage sale that I had gotten lucky at during their spring sale...but none of us found anything. I had to take a photo of Angie's splash dyed tights from We Love Colors...because I LOVE them. 
Savers 50% off haul. I don't actually think we went on this day...but I've forgotten & this is the day I took the picture. 
I *do* remember making tomato soup! We made gallons of it to freeze so we can enjoy it all winter. 45 pounds of farmers' market tomatoes. 
I'm bringing sexy back. 
My make-up this day included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero on my top lid, NYX eyeliner in Acid Green on my lower lid, Acidberry eyeshadow by Sugarpill, MUFE orange eyeshadow, & MAC's Korean Candy lipstick. 

1 comment:

  1. You had me at pie. ;) The back on that dress is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete