Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Birthday Fondue Party

 Top: Paradise Peplum Top by City Chic (size XXL-24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for free & help me earn GB credit)
Sandals: Barefoot Freedom
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this explosion of color & patterns at home for a fondue dinner party with friends. I love scuba fabric...it feels like I'm being hugged the entire time I'm wearing it. The vibrant colors in this top were marvelous, but the print was a bit too modern for me...it reminded me of a screensaver from the 90s. It was a fabulous fit & length for me...super fun to wear once. I feel like this top is crying out for some lime green or pink capri pants, which is totally not me. Kate bought me a gorgeous City Chic dress to wear for this party, but I decided against wearing it because fondue can be messy...so I will wear it later this year. 
Fondue! The last time we did a fondue party was for New Year's Eve nearly a year & a half ago...so it seemed long enough to make it a perfect birthday meal. We had 4 pots going...peanut oil, cheddar/beer, classic cheese, & vegetable broth (I listed everything we had on the NYE post & I mostly copied that). I spent most of the evening dipping shrimp, mushrooms, & sweet potatoes in tempura beer batter, frying them, & using a variety of dipping sauces. I had to keep reminding myself to dip bread into the cheeses. Kate, of course, supplied us with Champagne & other delightful sparkling wines. 
The silly thing is, every time we have a fondue party, I have to start over from scratch because I never keep the recipes. And again...I don't remember which recipes were good. The chocolate is the one I remember being perfect this time...
Dessert was chocolate fondue...we also attempted caramel, but it was not meant to be. 
My make-up for the evening, including all Sugarpill eyeshadows, NYX eyeliner in Gypsy Blue, & MAC's Korean Candy lipstick. 
 So much color!

No comments:

Post a Comment