Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Girlie Night Film Fest Planning

 Top: Arabelle Top in Purple Orchid by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for free/$10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month
Sandals: Born
Necklace & Bracelets: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this pretty spring outfit to work, to get my hair cut, & for girlie night with Kate. At first, I was disappointed with this top...it seemed like thin, cheap, t-shirt fabric...but after wearing it, I discovered how soft & comfy it was. It is actually the perfect summer weight. In addition to purple, Igigi is offering this top in watermelon, cove, & black. I may have to get all 4! It is a lovely shirt to wear with my many patterned sari skirts. It is extremely low cut, but I don't mind that. 
The girlie & I met at Tempest Oyster Bar for happy hour, which is the former home of Magnus from my last post. It was a gorgeous day, so sandals & pictures on the patio before going inside. Kate bought this fun dress she's wearing from GB. I didn't get a close up of the pattern, but she posted one on Instagram. You can find her & her adorable OOTD photos at kisforkate. 
While at Tempest we planned our film fest selections, drank champagne, & ate delicious oysters. We got 2 of each of their offerings of the day. I tend to prefer west coast, & Kate east...or is it the other way around? Oysters are the most glorious of food...they don't need anything added...they are exquisite on their own. Someday I would like to pluck an oyster from the sea & eat it on the spot. Heavenly. 
Next we headed to Red for tasty sushi. They have the best sushi in Madison. Then off to Square Wine for Tuscan wine tasting. But first, Kate exchanges sushi & a kiss with Jason. 
Kate does tech support, so when she found out their printer wasn't working...she fixed it. Such a talented girlie! The owner, Andrea, has excellent taste in wine...so I am always delighted by the tastings here. 
I love this orange & purple combination, especially in my eye shadows. Also, fresh haircut! 

No comments:

Post a Comment