Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pattern Mixing: Polka Dots & Floral


 Dress: Sleeveless Ruched Waist Dress from Jessica Howard via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Cardigan: Floral Cardigan from Lands' End via GB
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: former etsy seller
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me (iPhone)
I wore this ensemble to see a play with Super Boo. I was SO excited that GB sent me these 2 pieces at the same time. I LOVED these patterns together. I never wanted to take this outfit off & wore it again for the second day of The Wisconsin Film Festival. I was only able to send this cardigan back because S. Boo is getting one for me from Lands' End for my birthday. I was not expecting to like a pink floral cardigan as much as I adored this. It was so soft & the perfect weight...Lands' End makes really nice cardigans. This Jessica Howard dress is the same as the one I am wearing here, but sleeveless. The ruching on this dress makes it fit beautifully, but I had the same issues with this dress as the one with sleeves...it gaps at the neck in front & has a pointless zipper in back. Otherwise, it is perfect...comfortable & flows so nicely. 
I've had these Dansko shoes in my closet for about a decade. I never wore them because the holes for the buckle were too far up the strap & did not fit my feet. I came across them while cleaning my closet & Super Boo punched new holes in them for me! Yay! New shoes. I love shopping in my own closet & coming across treasures. 
A long-time acquaintance of mine, Melanie, was given free tickets to this play at Forward Theatre, Or,. Once upon a time all of us had been season ticket holders, but we quit going because we didn't care much for their selection of shows. It is the theatre company's 5 year anniversary & part of the stage was strewn with props from their previous shows, I want that victrola horn...
The play was mostly good...it was clever & funny. I think we may give them another try next season.
I've had this mosaic bracelet since high school & was happy to be able to wear it with a mosaic earring & floral necklace...

No comments:

Post a Comment