Sunday, February 2, 2014

Summer Outfit in the Snow

 Top: Haven Faux Wrap Top from Kiyonna via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Skirt: Lane Bryant
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Born
Necklace & Earring: Babil & Bijou
I wore this outfit to work & to a doctor's appointment a week ago Wednesday. I've had this skirt for nearly a decade & I've never worn it before because I didn't have a top to go with it. This is really a summer outfit & I wish I could have broken out the sandals. But snow. And snowing. Winter is hard. 

I love this Kiyonna top. I am so in love with Kiyonna. And such a vibrant blue! I think the Kiyonna wrap and faux wrap tops are so flattering on me. They cinch in under the bust & really give me a nice shape. 

The nurse at my doctor's office is male and over the years we've come to chat while he does his thing. On this day he was taking my blood pressure and said to me, "has anyone every told you...that you are beautiful"? I thought it was sweet, but perhaps a bit...not appropriate. However, he is not from this country & I think this comment is more appropriate from his cultural perspective. I guess what bothers me about this is I'd just like to think it was a nice thing to say. Thinking about it makes me smile. But, I've been given the message that as a woman, I'm supposed to be wary of this kind of thing. And that bothers me more than him giving me a compliment.  
I looked *everywhere* for this skirt to use as a background for the photo of the necklace I wore. But I can't find it. I hope I didn't send it back to Gwynnie Bee!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE that top on you! i'd love to find one for me too! you know, this top would look super cute as a layered dress, i bet. humm... got me thinkin for a pattern here... :0)
    kym still

    ReplyDelete