Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Thrifting // The Legendary Shack Shakers

Dress: Fit & Flare Dress by LuLaRoe (size M), thrifted
Teggings: Teggings
Sandals: Born
Purse: Portland Leather, gifted
All Jewelry: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I'm always attracted to the colors & patterns of LuLaRoe clothing...plus they are so soft & comfortable. I found this dress at a thrift store brand new...& I wore it ~4 times without washing it. By the time these photos were taken...it had already begun pilling...I will wear it around the house a few times before having to throw it out. The fit & length were great...but slightly see-through up top.
These teggings were an exact match for the blue in the dress...so I *had* to wear them. I'm actually quite pleased with how this casual outfit came together. 
My first time wearing this vintage Czech necklace I got a few years back...it was rather more neon than the online photo suggested, but it was a similar brightness to the orange in the dress. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Roxy, Natasha Denona eyeshadow in Carnelian & Laurel, Alchemy eyeshadow by UD, Bang lipliner & lipstick from UD, & OPI nail polish in My Chihuahua Doesn't Bite Anymore. 
I wore this dress to work & to run errands. I keep up my cosmetology license so I can buy myself products. Totally worth it as they're 1/2 price. I found these alluring heels from Anthropologie on Poshmark...they're made in Spain...green satin with a leather snake print in black, pink, green, & white. Despite having been a continuous Gwynnie Bee member for 10 years...Kate had to tell me about their new rental service, ModLux.Rent...which is totally more my style than GB. And! The Cure is playing at Riot Fest on Sunday...the same day as The Dresden Dolls! Kate & I will be there.
I also wore this dress to go thrifting...more than once...this was at Vinny's on Willy St. 
A solid color dress has to be incredibly special for me to consider it, but I occasionally try them on...but I'm obviously much more drawn to colors & patterns. 
That last striped dress is a bathing suit cover-up...not sure why it was $128 new...but now I need to go to the beach. 
What came home with me, dinner, & farmers' market. 
The Raging Grannies always make me smile...singing their social justice songs on the capitol square...a lovely day for the market with David. Back at home...we uncovered this clawfoot tub that had been hanging out in the backyard for years...after emptying it, I washed & scrubbed it as I had plans. 
But first...another trip to Vinny's...where I found a hat to wear in the yard... 
As well as some clothes to wear around the house/bed (I like to look cute at all times) & out in the world. I was thrilled to find a Lands End top that matches my current swimsuit (paisley pattern). After washing & scrubbing...the fun part...paint! 
Yet another farmers' market...this time West Side with my girlie. Did you know there were yellow peonies?! I should have just bought this when I had the chance...I felt I needed to talk to David first...he said I didn't...but too late. Next year. Someone hit Veronika & it made me sad. 3 coats of orange paint & purple sparkly feet. 
I was in the mood for BLT wraps with green onions, avocado, mayo, & dijon mustard for lunch. Yum. David picked up some fresh halibut from the co-op, so I made a new recipe I found on Bon Appetit from Alison Roman, Butter-Roasted Halibut with Asparagus & Olives...it was an excellent spring dish (I'm typically 4 weeks behind writing these blog posts). The finished bathtub with flowers. 
The front yard.
I made us a salad with roasted veggies & pan-fried salmon before heading off to Marquette Waterfront Festival...where I immediately blew a tire...I scraped the curb ever so slightly while parking. I was really upset at myself. 
The Legendary Shack Shakers started right on time & I decided I'd enjoy the music...then worry about the car. J.D. always puts on a fantastic show & I was happy I went as they aren't playing the barn this year. I danced & mostly kept my anxieties quiet & stayed in the moment. I'm better at that than I used to be. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment