Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Mint Mark // The Deslondes with Esther Rose

Dress: Mixed Floral Print Midi Dress by Kachel (size M) via Nuuly
Sandals: Fluevog, Picnic: Kerry
Purse: Mohop
All Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
This vibrant cotton dress was easy to slip into & made such a cheerful summer outfit. It was unlined, hook at the neckline to close, & had deep pockets...& you know I'm a lover of mixed prints. The fit was tts, however it was tight on top & I wish the elastic waist had started a few inches lower under my bust. 
These flower vegan crossbody bags go with so much & are just the right size. 
Also, with so many colors in these Fluevog Kerry sandals...they are the ideal summer shoe. But...why does John only make 60s/70s inspired open-toed shoes?!
Flue-fie...
Wendy Baker creations are always the icing on the cake...I guess I'm the cake...muffin, close enough?
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Psychedelic Sister; Angelic, Blazing, Twilight, Amethyst, & Blood Moon eyeshadow from Huda Beauty; Bang lipstick & lipliner by UD; & OPI nail polish in A Red-vival City. 
I first wore this dress to go to Mint Mark with David. It's difficult to get reservations there & I hate waiting around for an hour or more, however, the 4 outside tables are walk in only...so we got there when they opened at 4, but they don't start serving food until 5...so, refreshments it was. David sipped on one of their draft cocktails, Sangrita (Espero Blanco tequila, ginger, lime, orange, mango, chili) & I selected a Rhubarb Tonic (Far North Anna's Garden gin, rhubarb tonic, lemon, seltzer). Round 2: David- Espresso Nitro Martini (State Line vodka & Kin-Kin coffee liqueur, nardini, Giffard orgeat, espresso, Regan's orange bitters) Me- Somewhere That's Green (El Tesoro Blanco tequila, heirloom creme de flora, grapefruit cordial, basil syrup, pink peppercorn tincture, lemon). They create wonderful concoctions that never fail to delight me. 
Why not have a 3rd drink on an empty stomach? Garden Party (cucumber infused State Line gin, Greenbar Garden vodka, Brovo Rose vermouth, Dolin dry vermouth, Zucca Rabarbaro, dill syrup, lemon)...I'm sure David must have had something too...perhaps I was too tipsy to take a picture? Food! We began with a Super Boo favorite, Terrine (pork shoulder, chicken liver, Nueske's bacon, Mostarda, toast), followed by Baby Bok Choy (Calabrian chili jazz, sesame vinaigrette, panisse, crispy garlic), & Young Broccoli (black garlic, chili flake, burrata).
More seasonal fare...Asparagus (spring allium, riesling, cured yolk, parmesan espuma, pickled strawberry, rhubarb). Then our server surprised us with a delightful palette cleanser, Orange Sherbet with Brut Rosé. I can't recollect our waitresses name right now, but she was fantastic...certainly one of the best we've ever had anywhere. You order all this food at Mint Mark & it often arrives too quickly...too many plates at the same time. Not on this day. Perfection. My much adored Wisconsin Fish Fry (Hamms battered perch, tartar sauce, coleslaw, rye bread, potato salad), & Madison's best Cheeseburger (caramelized onions, cheddar, fancy sauce, pickles, fries). 
Tajarin (Steve's golden oyster mushrooms, pecorino)...this was a surprise as we didn't even know we ordered pasta! Our first time trying dessert at Mint Mark, Skillet Cookie (rye chocolate chip, brown sugar bourbon ice cream, butterscotch)...which we enjoyed with a second Espresso Martini that we shared. Oh, my...this meal was exquisite & I'm tasting it all over again as I share these photos. Speaking of photos...we waited until after dinner to take these outfit shots. Next time, pictures before cocktails.  
Pretty dress on this woman walking around the square. The second time I wore this dress was on a Saturday in June to go to the downtown market with David, where we bought the fixings for breakfast...& other meals for the week. Soft boiled eggs on toast used to be a regular breakfast, but now that we don't have it so often...it feels even more special. Later that day...I drove out to Spring Green to see a show at The Shitty Barn. Riley Downing was sitting around the unlit fire at the same time I was & he talked to me...he said he remembered me from last year (I saw him solo as well as with his band at the barn)...I always wonder what people recall when they say that to me. As it was just me...I made & assembled a salad at home...David dressed it for me & I didn't think anything of it...but the vinegar pickled the veggies...which were great for the cucumbers...but maybe not a fantastic idea overall. This bowl had been filled to the brim...but after dressing got ahold of it for a few hours...
I can't resist these brown butter chocolate chip cookies...I'm not a fan of the food Wander Provisions makes, but I may have to give them another chance...they use all locally sourced products, but the curried chicken pita I tried lacked punch...I like more amped up flavor in my meals. The opener, Esther Rose, was fun...poppy Americana? I'm terrible at labels...but I bought her newest vinyl. 
Fancy Rosé between sets...matched my outfit. Riley Downing & The Deslondes...they put on a fantastic show & they all write songs & sing, which I think is wonderful...but Riley has by far the best voice (deep)...
& the cutest dog, Lefty...laying down in the last picture. This was a marvelous magical night at the barn. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment