Monday, July 31, 2023

Art Fair on the Square

Dress: Stargazing Dress in Solvang by Effie's Heart (size L) via Gwynnie Bee
Sandals: Born
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: bel monili
Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Another cute as a button Effie's Heart dress covered in tulips. Great fit...my EH size is a medium, but the smallest GB got was a large. Usually I can wear a small or large in this brand without noticing much difference because of the stretch...but in this case large was the best choice as I think a medium in this style wouldn't have worked as well. 
I had to look up what Solvang meant & I only needed to read the first sentence to get it...it's a California city with Danish-style architecture. 
In my mind...all flowers go together...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner & eyeshadow in Mildew, Natasha Denona eyeshadow palette, Blissful lipliner from Becca, Head in the Clouds lipstick by MAC, & Colors by Llarowe nail polish in The Mighty Red Baron. 
I first wore this dress to visit our trainer, Annie Forest. She probably wonders why I can't just wear workout clothes like everyone else...I wear shorts under my dress. On this day we worked on my balance (it's terrible), stepping up onto a big platform, various exercises I can do with the sled at the gym, & the first steps to doing a chin-up (a goal I have). Afterwards...David & I went to Ahan for lunch. We began with Pork Dumplings (Enos Farm pork, ginger, cabbage, garlic, scallion, ponzu), Chèvre Wontons (cream cheese, chèvre, scallion, sweet & sour), & Summer Rolls (Vitruvian Farm micro greens, spring mix, radish, cucumber, carrot, bean sprouts, cilantro, mint, scallion in a rice paper wrap. Nuoc Cham with crushed peanuts for dipping). All 3 were delicious...but I am a huge fan of those summer rolls...which tasted just like summer, stuffed with everything that's currently growing here in Wisconsin...so fresh. 
David ordered Kung Pao (sautéed shrimp, zucchini, bok choy, mushrooms, bell peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, onion, scallion, sweet soy sauce, ginger, jalapeños, peanuts, chili oil, pea shoots, lime, fried garlic, & jasmine rice)...& I had the thing I always order because it is the yummiest, Praram Long Song (fried chicken, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, carrots, local mushroom blend, onions, scallion, cilantro, peanuts, fried garlic, with a side of peanut sauce & jasmine rice). The food here is so good...& they share their space with Bur Oak, the music venue, so I can have tasty food whenever I see a show there. 
At Decon...we came home with that window security gate for outdoor decoration & a not pictured big rusty chain (David loves those). It's always fun to poke around there & see what treasures they've salvaged. Back at home...Chie Mihara shoes I found for cheap on eBay...these shoes are more expensive than Fluevogs new, but I can often get them for $20-50 used (barely or never worn). Picking up our very dirty, very inconvenient CSA (our fault, we picked them). 
Flowers from market alongside basil from our CSA. The final time I put on this dress was for an extremely enjoyable Saturday. First, I dashed into the market that was moved to Breese Stevens Field to buy ALL the fruit...strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, & Door County cherries. Then we drove to where the market usually is for Art Fair on the Square...our goal was to arrive at 9am when they opened & we got there 15 minutes early. Adorable bike...make this photo bigger so you can see it better...I squeed. 
It was a gorgeous day with only a small crowd for the first half. Some things that caught my eye...including these mini canvas paintings with gold leaf on the edges...I'm going to try that some time instead of getting a frame.
This art made out of the performers vinyl from Deadwax Art catches my eye every year...some day I'm going to get one, but so far I haven't found the piece that speaks to me. It would have to be just the right Billie Holiday or David Bowie I think.
Our first purchase of the day was this vintage milk jug with sunflower cutouts (there are lights inside). And right next door, Helen's Daughters...where this bag hanging in front of the gold frame called to me...isn't it fabulous?! And the artist was wearing a hat by the same local artist as I was, Hats o Fancy...I intended on getting another sunhat from her...but she didn't have any of the largest brimmed ones that I like...so she's going to specially craft me one before she retires. 
I love looking at beautiful things...going into each of the booths is like entering another world...like getting lost in a good book. My veggie tattoo got a lot of attention, as usual. It always makes me happy that other people appreciate it...my favorite on this day was a woman who excitedly told her daughter...that dress she's wearing is like the woman I was telling you about from market this morning with the fabulous tattoo...then she looked up & spotted my tattoo...& she was overjoyed & told her daughter to take a photo. 
We keep buying quirky cutting boards. Heather Renaux was there...I have her circus art covering the walls of my make-up/jewelry room. 
Mohop! I was after a crossbody purse in ruby (top left) to add to my collection...but I think I made the wrong decision...they had a special edition textured copper purse, but I had it in my mind that ruby was the one I was getting...I have a difficult time with change...they will *always* have the ruby & now I will most likely never have a copper purse...which I would use a TON. 
Rusty things always lure me in...
And doors & staircases...
More handmade purses...& this woman's clothing was stunning.
Best outfit I saw all day. After strolling around the square for several hours...we ended up at Lucille...
We sat outside & enjoyed our usual...cocktails, 3 lb. pork shoulder nachos, & steel pan pizza. 
I discovered a large screw in our nachos & our waitress was appalled...she said our entire bill was on the house & told us the manager would come talk to us. I replied that we didn't eat it & were not traumatized...so it was all fine & she looked like she wanted to cry. Are people that horrible?! We are guessing it fell out of their wood fire oven? On our walk back to the truck...we saw that Bartell was having an open house & I'd been meaning to get tickets to Pirates of Penzance...so we wandered in & got a tour & talked to someone from each of the 4 theatre groups that perform there. We love that place. It was a lovely way to spend a gorgeous Saturday.
I got 3 new purses...
And that same day...we got 2 Fluevog boxes in the post. I was confused as I hadn't ordered anything. David got me this glorious green purse (it had been on my wishlist a while, which he didn't know...he just knows what I like) & some purple suede shoes for himself. Perfect day. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment