Thursday, July 6, 2023

Monologue Festival // Them Coulee Boys

Dress: Dana Maxi Dress by Show Me Your Mumu (size M) via Nuuly
Sandals: Fluevog, F-Trip: Bridget
Necklace & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Purse: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Living a groovy fantasy in this 60s mumu-esque inspired maxi...check out those sexy cutouts. I felt like Jennifer Coolidge in White Lotus in this dress. The dreamy sherbet colors were a summer explosion of pastels...of which I don't wear very often. This light cotton dress was so easy to pull on, although wearing a bra with it would have been challenging & it did arrive quite wrinkled & obviously worn a bit...but in this case, that was a good thing...cotton looks better & gets softer with washing. Fantastic casual dress...great length for either flats or heels...ran a tad large, I could have worn a small in this. 
How adorable is this yellow handbag?
My first wearing of these Fluevog sandals this season...
Soft spring colors...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Psychedelic Sister, Lime Crime eyeshadow palette, Clockwork lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics, & OPI nail polish in Clubbing Til Sunrise. 
I first threw on this dress for errands...to go see my doctor, Fluevog boxes just show up on my doorstep, buying rye bread at Stalzy's, ramps at the co-op. 
One of my favorite simple dinners from Smitten Kitchen...Cabbage & Kielbasa with Rye Croutons. Our first CSA box from Tipi Produce back in May. And later that evening...David & I went to Forward Theatre...their season isn't really over until their Monologue Festival. Out in This World was a collection of 12 original monologues being performed for the first time...it was lovely & touching.
The last time I wore this maxi was in June to see Them Coulee Boys outside at the Edgewater with Kate & Jason. I had tickets to The Shitty Barn...but I couldn't miss the chance to see this fabulous band. Soren (the lead singer) came over to talk to me shortly after I arrived...those boys are so sweet. The last time we saw them they were playing a private concert for us on Lake Superior. 
It was super sunny...then I got rained on for about 20 minutes...then it got sunny again when the girlie & her beau arrived. Kate made a delicious salad with hearts of palm noodles & veggies...it was full of yum. And watermelon for dessert. Adorable puppy!!!
Kate & me watching Them Coulee Boys. I love how much they like each other...it makes it more fun to watch a band when they're having a good time. 
Jason & Kate & the setting sun. This was an excellent evening. As we were walking to our vehicles...the guys behind Kate & Jason were trash talking Veronika...wondering if it was Guy Fieri's car...or his new haircut. At the same time...I was starting her up as an older couple walked by & the man said, Veronika, you're living my dream life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment