Sunday, July 16, 2023

John R. Miller with Todd Day Wait // Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Dress: Polka Dot Puff-Sleeved Maxi Dress by Porridge (size M) via Nuuly
Sandals: Chie Mihara via Poshmark
All Jewelry: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
This was an incredibly fun dress...it makes me smile just to look at it...all those colorful dots in an unusual color combination. I rented this back in fall of '21 & I was elated that it was still available. Great fit & the ideal maxi length for me...just short enough to show off my shoes. I adore how the polka dots are smaller on top & bigger through the body of the dress...great dramatic balloon sleeves that look even cuter pushed up. This can be worn on or off the shoulder...& with that open back...sexy. It was difficult for me not to buy this...but it's too distinctive to wear often. 
The plus version of this dress did not have an open back, which worked for me at the time since I needed to wear a bra. No bra required here...
Off the shoulder...
Just loosen the tie in back...
How adorable are these Chie Mihara polka dot sandals?! Over $400 new...$40 on Poshmark. After Fluevog, this is my second favorite brand of shoes. 
I'm delighted we picked up these earrings & necklace at Elkhorn...& those bracelets were practically made for this dress. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero; Clinique liquid liner in black; Blood Moon, Celestial, & Desert Sand eyeshadow by Huda Beauty; NYX eyeliner in Pumpkin; Hypnotic Rust lipstick from Make Up For Ever; & OPI nail polish in A Woman's Prague-ative. 
I wore this dress to work...but first, Pilates. I usually go to Family Dollar for cards, but I was close to a Dollar Tree...& my goodness...2/$1 Hallmark cards?! I stocked up. Our CSA from Tipi Produce. I know veggies are grown in dirt...but I am used to buying from farmers who wash the produce...I have to run Tipi's stuff through the salad spinner 4+ times before I get rid of the grit. That, coupled with no close pickup location, has made David question if we should just stop bothering...but we already paid for the year, so it seems silly to keep getting it. Next year, we'll either go back to Harmony Valley or try Troy Gardens since I already go to their Thursday market as it's in the neighborhood. 
I also wore this dress while Brian was here visiting to take him to The Shitty Barn for his first time. As usual, Sharon beat us. Me taking a picture of Brian taking a picture. Pretty picnic salad. 
The traditional usie...
Picnic...I made us cumin salmon salad with pistachio cilantro pesto. We also had some bakery from the farmers' market (Honey Bee), a brown butter chocolate chip cookie from Wander Provisions, & a bottle of fancy rosé from the barn. A woman walking by remarked, I don't know where you're from, but it looks like Paris. The opening act, Todd Day Wait. 
John R. Miller. The bands were both good, but not as amazing as I was hoping for for Brian's first experience. We both thought the slide guitar player was hot...I'm not sure we've ever agreed on that before?! Another lovely night at the barn. I'm so happy I got to share it with Brian. 
The final time I wore this dress...to get a lymphatic massage from Courtney, then a stop at Goodwill on my way home. I tried to go to the Troy Gardens farmers market, but there was no one there. We had air quality issues quite severely that week due to the Canadian wildfires...so they cancelled it. Sadly, the night before, Kate & I had tickets to see Garbage // Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds & they called it off because it was difficult to breathe outside. I was extremely sad about that. It was to kick off 4 concerts in a row for me.
Eileen Fisher uses such nice fabrics...often incredibly boring clothing though...but I'll wear this bubble hem black dress. Chie Mihara shoes from Poshmark. This pistachio color is quite light for me, so I'd like to try painting them a darker green. Stay tuned...I always have these plans, then don't follow through. 
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy! Remember them from the 90s?! 
I had a front row seat...I bought some signed vinyl & a Moscow Mule. I resisted the urge to get popcorn, even though they use real butter...it always smells better than it tastes...& I prefer an entire stick of butter on my popcorn anyway. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is celebrating 30 years together...& they are still as on fire as ever. 
Scotty & the rest of the band were swinging...they put on a spectacular show...the only downside being you can't stand up front & dance at The Barrymore. I was rocking out in my seat. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment