Tuesday, July 18, 2023

The Lowest Pair // Lucille with Brian // Tattoo

Dress: Lysette Maxi Dress by Free People (size M) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: former Etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Sexy Boho maxi in warm brown...couldn't be more me. I could live in this all summer long. The neckline was plunging, but I could still wear a bra without it showing. There were ties at both the top & bottom of the waist that could be tightened, with bells at the ends...I enjoy making noise, so I liked that. There was a short lining on this cotton/rayon dress, pockets, & a side slit that showed a bit of leg when the wind blew. Lightweight & flowy...the ideal hot weather dress, although it did wrinkle easily. A good maxi length for me as I could wear heels or flats. I wore this so much I contemplated keeping it. 
I paired this with brown heels once, but all the other times I wore the sandals pictured for a casual look. 
My circle crossbody bag in sunflower that was gifted to me by Portland Leather was a great match in both color & style.
I never took photos of the make-up I wore with this outfit, but I used the Huda Beauty eyeshadow palette I wear a lot & I tried a color I hadn't used before, Saffron...it's a flattering warm reddish shade. Note to self: use it more often. 
I wore this dress on the last day Brian was in Madison visiting. We relaxed on the front porch...drinking coffee & chatting...before heading over to the Sunday north side farmers' market. I bought flowers & rye bread for breakfast. 
Brunch outside at our newly painted table. I made us smoked salmon cream cheese omelets with roasted veggies (asparagus, scapes, & spring onions), rye toast with blueberry jam my mom made, & market strawberries. YUM. I love breakfast, but I don't eat it often. After dining...Brian & I went back to Sessions//Pursuit of Happiness music fest. We got excellent parking & witnessed the painting of a new mural on the side of Mother Fools. 
An advantage of arriving early...you get a bonus show while the band does their sound check. Kate & Jason. Jason likes to take photos of us getting ready to have our picture taken...I'm not sure why...outtakes? Candids? Me & Kate. 
Standing up front for The Lowest Pair. We've seen them a bunch of times & they're always fantastic. Afterwards, I bought a t-shirt...did I also get their newest vinyl? I can't recall...I wasn't sure if I had it or not...I wonder what I decided? This is what happens when you get old. 
They made quite a bit of progress on the mural. Brian & I decided to have dinner at Lucille al fresco. The cocktails were fabulous, as always...
This was Brian's first time eating there (we'd gotten drinks the last time he was in town, but they were always too busy for us to get a meal). We ordered our usual, with a bonus guac & chips (it was too much food), steel pan pork shoulder nachos & Al Pastor steel pan pizza. It was all yummy.
We brought some pizza home for David. The 3 of us hanging out in the backyard with dogs again...& wine. 
The next time I wore this dress was to try clothes on at Goodwill after a lymphatic massage from Courtney. Apparently, my future self is really into separates. 
I wore this dress another time to get a new tattoo from Bear. As usual, they took my idea & made it better than I imagined...seahorse woman...merhorse? Not sure what to call her. It's the last big area on my lower legs...any other tattoos there will just be small fillers. 
This one is pretty, while the mermaid is more sinister...I wanted her to be someone you wouldn't mess with...not sexually available...there are already enough attractive mermaids. After the appointment...I walked down to Vinny's...where I did not find much. I got the sleep shorts covered in oranges. 
Checking out the Rooted farmers' market at Troy Farm in our neighborhood...& coming home to make dinner. We had a Napa cabbage from our CSA, so I made miso roasted riced cauliflower & salmon & served it on top of that for crunch & freshness. The final time I wore this dress was for my first appointment with Karen Hanson. I think I may have had my last period in January or February, which makes me oddly sad. Karen is an NP that specializes in women's hormones, so I wanted her to run tests on me to see where I was at to figure out what the next step should be.
And of course...since her office is near Vinny's on the west side...
I got everything I tried on except for the black lace dress, which I LOVED, but didn't fit. Back at home...I made us a tasty salad & roasted zucchini. I got a few packages...from eBay, these gorgeous shimmery gold & black Chie Mihara heels...& a Traffic People gold glittery dress from Poshmark that will be lovely in autumn. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment