Sunday, July 9, 2023

24th Girlieversary // Saturday with Brian

Dress: Chamomile Print Daydream Dress by Effie's Heart (size L) via Gwynnie Bee Try Then Buy
Teggings: Teggings
Sandals: Born
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: bel monili
Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Another fabulous frock from Effie's Heart. Perfect in every way. This came to me brand new from GB, so for $60...I bought it ($120 regular price). I am typically a medium, but large is the smallest GB got...really not much of a difference as there is so much stretch...if you find an EH for a good price a size up or down...don't hesitate to go for it. These are such easy cute throw on & go dresses...I've said it before...this is my version of jeans & a t-shirt. 
I put these teggings on for work because I thought it was too much bare skin otherwise...also, naked lady tattoos...but they went so well, I wore them every time I put this dress on. 
Does one *have* to wear flower jewelry & shoes with floral dresses? I guess *I* do.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Bourbon & Lucky; Natasha Denona eyeshadow in Carnelian, Jasper, & Agate; Clockwork Orange lipstick from Sugarpill Cosmetics; & OPI nail polish in Ochre the Moon & Oy-Another Polish Joke!
I first wore this dress to work, run errands, & take a walk in nature with David. 
We were a bit late buying flowers for the front yard this year...in fact, much to my dismay...we missed the pansies & violas altogether. Pansies, sunflowers, & lilacs are my favorite flowers...& are all edible. I had a weekend project of spray painting a few new things before I could plant. 
Roasted veggies atop salad. The second time I donned this dress was to have dinner with Kate on our 24th girlieversary. We ate outside at Red (same as last year)...they have such a pleasing patio surrounded by flowers. Our waiter was adorable & told me something like...I was hoping she'd seat the cool woman with the flower dress at my table. Cocktails!
I try to look cute in photos...it just rarely works out. All the sushi...nom!
After dinner...we strolled around the square...
And took an us-ie with the pride flag flying above the capitol. I'm so lucky to have Kate as my bezzer...I can't imagine life without her.
When I arrived at home...these Fluevog Pin-ups were waiting for me...I've been stalking these Miss July's for several years & finally found some for a good price...adorable. The final time I wore this dress was to farmers' market with Kate & Brian. 
After market...Brian & I wandered down State St. This was something we did a lot back in the 90s when Brian lived here. It's just not the same now...no good people watching. Naked Bike Ride!
We had lunch at Ahan...we got there a bit before they opened & observed these baby birds crying out for their mom to feed them. They entertained us while we waited. It was a beautiful day & we were hoping to sit outside...but it was closed for a wedding. The food was still delicious & I was happy to be able to share it with Brian. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment