Thursday, July 27, 2023

4th of July

Dress: Star Spangled Banner Rita Dress by Svaha (size M)
Teggings: formerly Re/Dress
Sandals: Fly London
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Earrings & Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I bought this dress a few years ago from a super sale Svaha was having...it was $10, so I thought...why not? At the time, I didn't know what my size was going to be...so I got a medium & that turned out to be correct. This dress reminds me of an Effie's Heart dress (cotton t-shirt material)...without the great fit. Svaha dresses have always fit me awkwardly...relaxed & not quite formed to my body. They are not a brand I would buy again. Note the burnt areas on my arm...I've been blurping them out...they are better now, but still visible. The hot oil splattered on me while I was frying salmon. If they don't fade entirely...I wanted to extend my farmers' market tattoo anyway. 
These photos were taken on July 5th...I put this outfit together for work. On the 4th of July...I wore this without make-up. Svaha dresses are good throw on comfy dresses...but so are EH & I prefer flattering most of the time. 
I knew it...these earrings we found at Elkhorn go perfectly with this Wendy Baker bubble necklace...& check out that perfect red (star), white, & blue (rhinestones) bracelet combo. 
You can't get more patriotic than The Star Spangled Banner...

My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD, Ruby Obsessions eyeshadow palette from Huda Beauty, Burgundy lipliner from MAC, Nars lipstick in Majella, Spiderweb lipstick by UD, & OPI nail polish in I'm Not Really A Waitress. 
Weekend project...redoing this Elkhorn find from May. David sanded the drawers & parts of the body...& we got some Steel F/X to warm it up & make it more interesting. I had fun doing this...
I was in the mood for burgers...so David fired up the grill. New shoes found on Poshmark...Chie Mihara & Pilcro (an Anthropologie brand). I first bought those Pilcro shoes in a size 8.5 & they wouldn't even go on my feet...so when these 10s popped up...I knew they'd be a good fit...& they are. Steak salad with roasted veggies on the side.
4th of July girlies...
I met Kate at a park by her house...we didn't feel like dealing with the crowds going to an actual fireworks display, so we chose to view them from afar. We saw SO many fireworks along the Lake Mendota shoreline...but the closest one to us was Blackhawk Country Club...which we could glimpse through an opening in the trees. 
Not as spectacular as being right there...but still pretty...& much more relaxed. 
Downtown Wednesday farmers' market with David...between Pilates & work. This woman cut us some sprouts...my favorite were the basil. Lovely flowers.
After work...we went into the T-Mobil store to set up an account...we hadn't been happy with our phone reception...so we switched to them. We were there for just under 4 hours. Back at home...I made us my go-to dinner. I took a screenshot of this post about Nick Cave being on this podcast so I'd remember to listen to it...it's on Spotify & I'm putting it on my list of things to do because I forgot all about it until I saw this in my photos. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment