Sunday, August 28, 2022

The Ultimate Second Hand Scores

Dress: Orange Chili Fit & Flare Dress by London Times (size 16) via Gwynnie Bee
Leggings: LulaRoe (size TC2)
Sandals: Dansko
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
The colors in this, spectacular...the fit & cut, not so great. All the 14Ws I'd been getting were too big, so I went down to a 16...which has worked well...except for this clingy dress...which was huge up top & tight below. This is most certainly *not* a fit & flare dress as advertised. It's supposed to be blousy on top, but I'm not sure who these bat wings are going to look good on. 
Bodies are weird...my stomach is much larger, thus hangs down lower...on one side, seen here. I liked this dress with these leggings...there is not as much opportunity in the warm months to pattern mix. The LulaRoe leggings are so stretchy...they fit me at a size 4x & they still fit me now...without being too baggy. 
I wore this dress to do errands & around the house. This was my first time wearing these platform/wedge sandals I found on Poshmark...soooo comfortable...& cute. Those are all the things, right?
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline, Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions eyeshadow palette, NYX lipliner in Nectar, Bang lipliner from UD, Slowburn lipstick by UD, & OPI nail polish in Santa Monica Beach Peach. 
A favorite go-to lunch/dinner in the summer...pan fried salmon with crispy garlic & roasted zucchini with a horseradish dipping sauce. I love roasted veggies SO much. David designed & built this pergola in our backyard. He was hoping for some help to finish it this summer, but all the good people are over employed...so he's been putting up 2-3 beams at a time all by himself...which is a LOT of work. 
I haven't been able to get a good picture of my current eyelashes...but trust me when I say they are spectacular. I bought a tube of Grandelash at the beauty supply because the suite mate of my hairdresser showed me her lashes after using it & they looked fake. My eyelashes are amazingly longer & thicker than they've ever been...ever. I buy endless eyebrow pencil now...I think I mentioned I go through it really quickly now that I have eyebrow hair...I think the roughness of them uses up much more product than when it was smooth skin. David walks a few doors down to Vinny's every week after acupuncture. He has found loads of clothing for himself...& he often takes a chance on things he thinks I might like. These sparkly boots are from Anthropologie...they aren't quite me, but I think I will find just the right outfit for them someday. 
But these 2! Best finds EVER. A fur wrap...just what I'd been looking for & an outstanding vintage coat with a fur collar. I couldn't stop gasping over them...I am SO happy...now I have 2 things to keep me warm during cold months when I'm dressed up. More roasted veggies...broccoli, cauliflower, & zoodles...with peanut sauce. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment