Friday, August 12, 2022

The Resonant Rogues // Heritage Brunch Returns

Dress: Monarch Maxi Dress by Free People (size XL) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
Earrings: Kerala Rose
Bracelets: Vintage
Purse: Mohop, customized gift from SB
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
The vibrant jewel tones in this maxi made me feel like a butterfly. Like most Free People, this dress ran large & I could have sized down. No matter what...this loose comfortable style is not going to be a figure flattering dress...so if that's your thing, this is not for you. I loved it...it needed to go on a tropical vacation in the winter though...it would make an excellent beach to dinner dress...if you are tall. I needed to wear heels with this, so that prevented me from wearing it as often as I would have if I'd been able to wear flats. 
Showing off the shoulders & back...
2 unmatchy earrings by the same maker...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Voodoo; Lime Crime eyeshadow in RSVP, Ten, & Twonicorn; Grape lipliner from MAC; Mad lipstick by UD; & POP nail polish in Street Slick. 
I was seeing a show here at Bur Oak, so David met me after work to take outfit photos...& right in front of the building turned out to be an ideal location...that couldn't have turned out better. 
It was fun wearing ALL the bracelets with this...I kind of have a fondness for making noise when I move. 
Closet selfie & Eastside farmers' market before the show...
I bought a vinyl & they signed it for me. Brandy Old-Fashioned Sweet...ordered from the bartender, who turned out to be the singer of Mickey Sunshine, Andrea. I fangirled at her for a bit & told her how I discovered her band...while taking photos for this blog behind the space they practice in. 
I couldn't resist ordering food from Ahan...it's local, delicious, & fresh...even though it was a Tuesday & I typically fast on that day. I gotta live my best life. I slide some chicken aside to show off the veggies...
I discovered The Resonant Rouges while in lockdown...they played on Facebook live. So I was excited to be able to see them in person at this wonderful venue. 
Jason Dea West opened for them...but they played in reverse order...first The Resonant Rouges alone, with Jason, then...closing the show, Jason Dea West. Weird? It was another magical night of music. 
I was sad to only have gotten to wear this dress once before sending it back...so I rented it from Nuuly for a second time...& still only fit in one more wearing. It's the heel thing. The concert above was the end of June...& brunch at Heritage Tavern was just this past Sunday. It was their FIRST brunch back since the pandemic. David had been dreaming of this perfect Bloody Mary since last having it in February 2020...& it lived up to his memory. I chose Market Bubbles (blueberry vodka, elderflower, lemon, cava)...which were a delight. 
We started our meal with a Ham Cinnamon Roll...delicious & pretty, could have used more pork flavor. David ordered Maple Lamb Sausage & Savory French Toast (fried poached eggs, green salad, potato)...while I couldn't resist Smoked Whitefish & Crab Cake (potato, hollandaise, fried poached eggs, green salad). YUM. 
Our second round of cocktails...a Hugo Spritz for me (St. Germain, lemon, cava, cucumber & orange bitters, mint) & The Upside Down (vanilla vodka, pineapple, lemon, amarena cherry juice) for David. Happy smiling sunflowers. It was a fantastic first brunch back...& our waitperson was exceptional. 
After eating, we had to come home so I could change out of my heels so we could take a walk. The dogs appreciated that I forgot my walking shoes...or we would have cantered around the capitol without them. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment