Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Dinner & A Game // Elkhorn Antique Flea Market

Dress: Popsicle (Paleta print on EH site)
Sigrid Dress by Effie's Heart (size XL) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Dansko
Earring & Necklace: former Etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
Are you sick of hearing how much I adore Effie's Heart dresses? I wish GB would just send me all of them to wear all summer long. They are both cute & comfy & always get so many compliments...especially when they have fun patterns like this one. A casual summer dress with pockets that fits like a glove? Yes, please. 
And I got to break out some jewelry & sandals that I don't get to wear that often.
Unusual colors in the popsicles...& if you look closely, there is a hint of sliced citrus in some of them.  
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue; Ace BeautÄ“ eyeshadow in Maui, Sangria, & Bahamas; Trinket lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics; & OPI nail polish in Marooned on Mammoth (this was my favorite color back in the 90s...I'm stocked up). 
I wore this dress ~dozen times...to work, for errands...it went everywhere. On this day...I did a bit of shopping at an Asian market...looking for fresh lime leaves to make a fish curry. 
I put all kinds of in season veggies from market in there...this would be great all year long with whatever was available from the farmers. Wine courtesy of Kate. David pouring the curry into a serving bowl since it was too heavy for me. 
I loosely made a recipe for Thai Fish Curry that I found here & added some of my own twists. The salmon was perhaps a bit lost in such a flavorful dish, but it's my favorite. I really want to make this again...it is rare we give any recipe 5 stars...but this one was amazing. I served it atop roasted riced cauliflower, with bread to dip. 
Me, Jason, Kate, & food...
Kate doing a little dance... 
After dinner...we played a game Jason brought that we never got around to playing at the cabin, Set A Watch. Kate also shared some Juneberries to munch on. I also wore this dress to go to the June Elkhorn...where we immediately bought that orange pitcher & little outdoor table. 
The find of the day! A 60s metal motel glider...isn't it fantastic?! Why didn't I bring that ornate frame home?! Oh, because I already have so many fabulous frames that are empty. Beautiful bracelet. 
I would have bought this fun autumn leaves skirt with a couple dancing...but it was homemade & not well done...but the fabric! The weather was lovely...but SO sunny...I was slathered in sunblock. 
This sign made me smile. We can't stop buying tin ceiling...we might use this on the backs of our barber chairs when we redo them. 
After many hours & miles of walking...lunch at Los Tres Hermanos. Sharing a mango margarita...
Chips with many dips...& delicious food.
Our new rocker on our front porch...I love it. A chandelier for above my jewelry chest. We got a set of 4 of these wall lights for our hallway...but first they need a little TLC. 
Some Life magazines for our wreck room & some boxing ones for David's dad. I've been wanting to try out a magazine rack to hold eyeshadow palettes...I'm not sure it works as well as I was hoping for. Another chandelier for my jewelry/make-up room...& some fancy flatware. 
I found 3 purses that caught my eye...& some gorgeous jewelry, cufflinks for David, & gold & green glasses. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment