Monday, August 15, 2022

Hamlet // Charlie Parr

Dress: Exploded Floral Maxi Dress from Plenty by Tracy Reese (size XL) via Nuuly
Shoes: Fluevog, F-Trip: Bridget
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: bel monili
Bracelets & Purse: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
I LOVE everything about this dress! My favorite colors...the color of fun & the color of happiness. This maxi reminds me of twin bed sheets from the 70s...more of that, please. Everything about this dress was perfection & I felt like it was made for me. I did need to iron it before wearing it both times, but as it's cotton...that's to be expected. Other than work (it would be fine with a cardigan or top), I can't think of an occasion where this dress wouldn't fit in...ideal summer cute, casual, comfy, wear anywhere dress. The compliments were flowing. 
I am NOT wearing a bra in this dress. I repeat...NO bra...what?! The dress was able to be tied tight enough to hold everything in place. I have not gone braless in public since high school. I cannot tell you how freeing this felt & I can't wait to be able to do it all the time. I have a LOT of extra skin from losing ~250 pounds...so beginning in October, I am having it removed. Typically, women get stomach, boobs, & arms done during the first round...but since I have SO much...he may only be able to do stomach. If my surgeon feels he can add another procedure, I will pick arms over boobs. But...some day. 
How perfectly does this purse match my sandals?! Also, in tying me up, David missed the bottom loop on both sides...whoops. It was done up correctly the second time...I should have had Kate take pictures of my back so I could compare the difference. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Huda Beauty Neon eyeshadow palette, Bang lipliner & lipstick by UD, Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Clockwork, OPI nail polish in The "It" Color, with Aim to Misbehave nail polish from Essie on top. 
I first wore this dress to get a pedicure & prepare our picnic for American Players Theatre. Jenny at Elevation is the best nail person EVER. 
At APT...we were greeted with wonderful music to start the magical night. I guess we don't go to weekday plays often enough, Tuesday-Thursdays have bands playing in 2 areas. These guys played great covers of mostly 70s songs, some 60s. I later learned this band was 4H...one of the guys was at The Shitty Barn the following night & he recognized me. My adorable husband...who always tries to match what I'm wearing. 
A riff on Alison Roman's Cobb Salad. The dressing & blue cheese are essential, the bacon & chicken are also fairly necessary...all other veggies...whatever you've got or is in season. 
Eating the last of our handpicked strawberries...
Cute couple...
This is all new for me this year...walking up the hill! I had been riding the bus up the last few years because of my knee, & before that, it was fairly difficult for me to do without David giving me a push from behind...which was fun, but no longer necessary. Walking is something I'll never stop taking for granted & it still often makes me tear up. 
The Hamlet stage during intermission. We've seen this play so many times...this was most certainly one of their best versions...& a bit longer...but still not full length, which would have been over 4 hours. Ophelia definitely had more lines, which was great. Another salad for lunch...throw all the veggies in, yum. 
Me & the girlie in Stoughton at The Catfish Music Festival. This was on the 4th of July. 
Teeny-tiny frogs everywhere (picture by Kate). The band that was playing when we got there, DeeOhGee, was running behind...so we had to wait a bit for Char Parr. Kate generously let me cover myself up with her sun protective shawl...then she let me keep it. Charlie Parr belting it out...he's so great live. Thanks, Stoughton Opera House, for this fabulous free show. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment