Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Riley Downing // Nikki & The Phantom Callers // Davina

Dress: Striped Flare Dress from Hope for Flowers by Tracy Reese (size XL) via Nuuly
Sandas: Born
Jewelry & Purse: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Jason, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
Another spectacular dress from Tracy Reese...all the colors & stripes. Similar to the last dress...I also didn't need to wear a bra as the back corset tying held me in place. This gorgeous summer dress is made of linen & cotton...so I needed to iron it before each wearing...but when a dress is this pretty, I don't mind. There is a petticoat-like underskirt that gives it a flared shape. Another dress with endless compliments. 
This yellow purse is going on many outings this summer...
This vintage set wasn't exactly right...but close enough that I went with it. I found the bracelet & earrings at Elkhorn, & the near matching necklace a few years later on Etsy. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire; Candles, RSVP, & Ten eyeshadow from Lime Crime; Bang lipliner by UD; Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Clockwork; MAC lipstick in Habanero; The "It" Color nail polish by OPI, with Essie Aim To Misbehave on top. 
I first wore this dress to make & enjoy dinner with David...Roasted Salmon with Whole Lemon Dressing atop market veggie salad. Later that day, I drove to Spring Green to see a show at The Shitty Barn. A guy came up to me & asked if I enjoyed the play at APT the night before...he was one of the guys who'd been playing in the band we enjoyed during our picnic. That is how I learned we'd been listening to 4H (all the guy's names start with H)...I let him know how happy it made us to have live music. He also asked if my favorite color was orange as he observed that David & I were wearing matching outfits. 
A gorgeous day to see Riley Downing, with Nikki & The Phantom Callers opening. Enos Farms used to come to the shows & make tacos...I really miss their sunflower tacos...I know that sounds weird, but I liked those better than any of the meat varieties. Last year, Wander Provisions took over. I finally decided to give them a try...I ordered a Curried Chicken Pita & a chocolate chip cookie. The pita was excellent & they looked so pretty...but it was the mildest blandest curry I've ever had. The cookie was decent. It's great they are still able to offer local food at the barn & the people at Wander Provisions couldn't be nicer...but the flavor just wasn't there for me. 
Less Honkin! More Tonkin! Nikki & The Phantom Callers opening...
One of the things I love about live music are the stories the bands tell. Riley told us he didn't know his opening band at all...until he didn't have a band to play with him at Chicago's American Music Festival...then it occurred to him that he had this opening band at the barn immediately before, so he watched a few videos, thought they were good, & contacted them. He said he thought they were a local Wisconsin band until he heard Nikki's heavy southern accent. They met up & now they are friends & are touring together...they open for him & play as his backup band. I love that story. It was a wonderful night of music. 
I also wore this outfit to go to Stoughton to meet Kate & Jason at The Catfish Music Festival. First, I made us lunch...zoodles with homemade pesto & heirloom tomatoes, served with roasted asparagus & Brussels sprouts. Then David & I took a walk at nearby Cherokee Marsh...it was a lovely day. 
We used to have a book...60 Hikes Within 60 Miles of Madison...I used it to find walks we could go on with the dogs. We bought the updated version & have been trying to go on walks in the book a few times a week. Now that I have hair in my eyebrows, I go through a LOT more eyebrow pencil...I think the coarseness of going over the hair wears the pencil down quicker? 
Kate & Me...still hopeful we'd get to dance to Davina & The Vagabonds outside...
Hi, Davina...she's so nice...& pretty...
Jason captured us hugging...awww. Stoughton Opera House called off the fest because even though it was no longer raining, they were worried about water on the stage & the safety of the band. Luckily, they fixed it in time for Charlie Parr on July 4th...but no Davina dancing for us. Kate=full of cute with this umbrella I got her years ago. Back at home, I made us BLT romaine wraps with heirloom tomatoes...definitely a favorite quick meal during tomato season. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment