Monday, August 29, 2022

Girlie Vacation: Driving to Frankfort

Dress: Chiffon Smocked Waist Mustard Fit & Flare Tiered Dress by Maison Tara (size 14W) via Gwynnie Bee
Sandals: Born
Purse:
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
My favorite shade of yellow...mustard. I wasn't sure how I felt about this chiffon midi...it was a bit big on me, but the smocking helped it fit better. I was most perplexed by the top cape-like tier...so I experimented wearing it a few different ways other than just hanging straight. In the end, since I didn't pin it in place...just the act of moving around caused it to fall back down. 
Draped over both shoulders, one shoulder, & hanging down.
A rare bare legged sighting. I may have mentioned this before, but one of the biggest reasons I've been getting my legs covered in tattoos is because of all the discoloration & scarring I have from vasculitis & other leg issues. So, I am feeling more confident going tegging-less these days.
I was quite pleased with my make-up & accessory choices with this dress...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Bourbon; Carnelian, Azalea, & Agate eyeshadow by Natasha Denona; Dragun Beauty Lib Job lip liner 2.0cc (medium brown); Bronze Shimmer lipstick from MAC; & OPI nail polish in Oy-Another Polish Joke! 
I wore this dress to work a few times, then I wore it for the final time to drive to Michigan with Kate. Lots of construction traffic along the way. I often take photos of what is playing on Sirius if I like it, so I can add it to my Spotify list. First stop on our trip...Frankfort, Michigan.
Kate had a place picked out for dinner, but the menu at the restaurant at our hotel looked good & we could sit on the porch all by ourselves. It "looked good," but it ended up being the worst meal on our trip. Our hotel was charming though. 
Gorgeous beach with the most benches I've ever seen in one place.
Lake Michigan was warm...I wanted to jump in!
A spectacular sunset...
Just look at that...
It wasn't Lake Superior, but it *was* a large body of water & that was more than enough to make me feel completely at peace.
Beach Rules: Have Fun!
We walked the short distance back to our hotel through the neighborhood behind it. A picture of the lighthouse on the stairway of our quaint hotel. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment