Sunday, August 7, 2022

Lucille // U.P.

Dress: Garden Print (Grow Print on the EH website) Claudia Dress by Effie's Heart (size XL) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: bel monili
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
Cute as a button Effie's Heart dress full of pretty colorful flowers...not one of their more exciting patterns, but I still enjoyed wearing it several times. This was my first dress in the Claudia style & I liked it a lot...it nips in at the waist with pleats both above & below that gave it a fabulous fit & swing. In looking at their site, this dress comes in the coveted radish print that GB has in a different style that they've never sent me. Oh! I'm in love...but also, I can't imagine paying over $100 for these casual dresses that aren't made in the USA. 
This was my last wearing of these sandals...I stretched them out to the point of being too big on me. I have a new pair on their way to me now. 
This was my first time wearing this yellow flower necklace...it's never been quite the right match before, until this dress came along...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mars; Laurel, Glory, Carnelian, & Morning eyeshadow by Natasha Denona; Becca lipliner in Mood; New York Apple lipstick from MAC; & OPI nail polish in Paint the Tinseltown Red.
I first wore this dress on a Sunday full of fun...first Northside market with an accordion player, then drinks & nibbles outside with the girlie.
This particular weekend market cocktail had caught our eye & we didn't want to miss out...Violet, You're Turning Violet! It was every bit as delightful as it sounded...so I had 2. 
David had a Jamaican Daiquiri (Wray & Nephew Jamaican rum, Don Q Puerto Rican rum, sugar, lime juice). We all shared Guacamole (avocado, garlic, cilantro, lime, sea salt, Cotija cheese...served with root vegetables & housemade tortilla chips) & Shrimp Ceviche (lime & Valentina salsa-marinated shrimp, avocado, pickled red onion, & fried tortillas).
Then David ordered a favorite cocktail, Goombay Tower Takedown (guava, kiwi, brandy, lemon juice, pineapple juice, absinthe mist, Chamoy & Tajin rim)...& Kate licked the glass. 
I was saddened by the state of the cactus on our table & a woman nearby overheard & gave me their healthy erect one...so much more pleasing to look at. A little stroll around the capitol square...
Girlies with the gay pride flag flying...
Afterwards...photos of this outfit at Olbrich Gardens...& driving behind the most east side of Madison car...
I made dinner...Grilled Salmon Salad with lime, chilies, & herbs...served with Roasted Asparagus with Crispy Leeks & Capers. And the first time at Trader Joe's in years...to pick up their graham crackers that I love to bring to the cabin. 
I also wore this outfit to drive home from our cabin in the U.P.
Good bye, Lake Superior.
I'm not sure...by any stretch of the imagination...that The Smiths could be considered Outlaw Country...but I dig it. I stopped at Fox Park on my way home to swing on the swings...
And take a walk along Lake Michigan...which is considerably warmer than Lake Superior. If my swimsuit wasn't packed...I might have gone in for a bit. Wisconsin welcoming me home. What a lovely vacation. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment