Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Marquette // U.P.

Dress: Mariposa Butterfly Roadtrip Dress by Effie's Heart (size XL) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Dansko
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
This was my first time wearing this style of dress from Effie's Heart (I think?). Always comfortable & cute. Great fit & length. The perfect casual summer dress. 
I have these Dansko sandals in 3 different colors...black, chartreuse, & brown...I have not worn them in a while because they were a bit tight on me, but now they fit great...I missed these...they have a circle design in the leather that I adore. 
Breaking out the baby blue jewelry...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion; Clove, Carnelian, & Agate eyeshadow from Natasha Denona; Sephora eyeshadow in Chrome No 4; Habanero lipstick by MAC; Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Clockwork; & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going to the Game?
Some new Heidi Daus jewelry from eBay. And a delicious dinner I made...Grilled Salmon Escabeche, with Grilled Asparagus with Caper Salsa. 
Shopping at the Saturday downtown market with my girlie...& an outdoor visit to discuss food plans for our trip to the U.P. 
Checking out Vinny's with David...I decided again the yellow shoes...but those red heels were $8 Chie Mihara shoes ($200-400 new) that are now mine. Two more tasty dinners on the grill...Perfect Soy-Grilled Steak, served with Charred Asparagus with Green Garlic Chimichurri & Grilled Mushroom with Chive Butter. 
My favorite easy go-to meal...Buttery Kimchi Shrimp, with the market salad above with Jalapeño-Ranch Dressing. Mar drawing my next 2 tattoos on my leg...very rough sketch...a bat woman hanging from a crescent moon & a bat around my ankle that is part furry, part skeleton. 
I also wore this dress on my third day at the cabin. Eating leftovers from our potluck...yummmmm. Me & Kate. 
After a lunch of leftovers...Brian & I drove into Marquette where we drove & walked around Presque Isle. 
I love this lake...
The ore dock. Me & Brian & Lake Superior. After wandering around & taking the scenic drive...we stopped into the old train depot turned art galleries & browsed a few shops there. 
I bought a Raku vase to hang on the wall from Risak Pottery...sooo many gorgeous colors, it was difficult to choose...but now I enjoy seeing it in our bathroom every day. 
A stop at the wine store, that now has an impressive selection of cheeses...& back to the cabin where we had a glass of wine & ate some deviled eggs. Kate & Jason made a delicious veggie tofu curry for dinner, which we ate on the deck overlooking the lake. So peaceful. 
At night...there was chocolate I bought from the wine shop, Moscow Mules with Michigin, & Sangria. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment