Thursday, August 18, 2022

Art Fair on the Square // The River Bride

Dress: Butterfly Print Teal Dress by Eva Rose (size XL) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Dansko
Necklace & Earring: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
I wore this dress back in April in one size larger (this one fits great)...even though it's more of a warm weather frock...& I have to say, I styled it better the first time. I love this pattern so much, but as I pointed out in my previous post, these are clearly luna moths & not butterflies. Cute cotton fit & flare with pockets. 
I should have gone with all burgundy & green accessories...the blue I chose is just the wrong shade...but does make it lighter & brighter for summer. 
We took these photos at The Shitty Barn right before heading over to APT...the light must have been just right as I appear to be glowing...or perhaps it was because I was with my 2 favorite people. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Junkie; Big Sky, Stranded, & Blaze eyeshadow from UD; MAC lipliner in Burgundy; Tannin lipstick by Bite Beauty; & A England nail polish in Dragon. 
I first wore this dress on a Saturday in July to go to the relocated farmers' market with David...
Then we headed to the capitol...where Art Fair on the Square was taking up the farmers' market space for the weekend. This art fair is something David & I look forward to every year. The first thing that caught his eye was the incredible craftsmanship of this rocker...he talked to the woodworker for a while & made him tear up. Unfortunately, it is not our style, so there is no place for it in our home. The octopus & elephant got my attention...but were not quite right for me. 
First purchase of the day...2 hats from a Madison maker...I had seen her at shows before, & with all the walks we've been taking...I really needed a hat with a chinstrap to keep it on my head in the wind...now I have a pretty one! I immediately replaced the hat I was wearing with the one on the right. I loved Artifacts by Nomad's stunning light creations...& marvelous displays. 
Fantastic vinyl creations by Deadwax Art. I'd love something by him when we finally get the wreck room finished...perhaps Billie Holiday?
I want a HUGE sunhat...hat envy. David played with this weighted hanging chess board...& Mrs. Peacock in the Conservatory with a Knife by Laura Harris. The artist who did our gypsy lady painting we bought last year also did the painting below with the dogs & animals. 
I got to meet Heather Renaux in person! We nearly purchased this original mermaid painting...but I really felt if it wasn't hung in our bathroom, there is no other place it fits in...& Day of the Dead stuff is not David's thing. I have several of her circus themed prints hanging in my make-up/jewelry room. Thomas Leather had some gorgeous purses that I adored...& a belt that David needed. 
I ended up taking this Black Eyed Susan hand carved & painted bag home...close enough to sunflowers...& David got the colorful belt, 3rd one from the top. And shortly after, we came across another leather artisan & David got 4 more belts. 
How cute is this dress with built in shorts?! Sunflowers & Jellyfish. Another lovely dress seen around the square. 
David has art by Jay Long in his office at home...so we always have to peek to see if there is anything new. I tried on several large silk shawls by Heather Laurie before deciding on one in greens & browns...it was our last purchase of the day. We didn't find as much as years past, but we both got some lovely art to wear. Tired cuties. 
We had special ordered some Argentinian Red Shrimp from Berke & Benham that were ready to be picked up...heads & all...yum. 
My hats, David's belts, & the silk scarf I chose. 
Purses...this is my 3rd from Mohop...they are beautiful & the perfect size for a crossbody to wear walking around or to concerts. I got a peacock (duo chrome purple/blue) one at last year's art fair, then David had them custom make me another purple one in a much larger size...now I've got this duo chrome green (they call it scarab)...there is also a ruby/rust color that I need...then I've got all my outfits covered. 
Later that same day...I went to APT with David & Kate to see The River Bride. I made us an olive oil poached salmon with fennel & citrus on an all local seasonal salad & David concocted a rhubarb dressing. Kate brought the perfect picnic Michigan sparkling wine to drink, of course. 
This was a lovely day for a picnic with people I love.
The first of the Door County cherries made the ideal dessert on a splendid summer's day. Kate wearing the dress I wore to Them Coulee Boys (the exact dress since she let me borrow hers).
Look how adorable we are!
The night was excellent for an outdoor play, but ours was inside...made to look like outside on the river. David took a picture from above of Kate & I in the front row...right where I like to be. We liked, but did not love this play. Driving home...lots of pretty fireworks. 

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that mermaid painting! I'm crazy about that. I've asked her etsy store to email me when she's back online. Thank you for posting the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is fantastic! I love everything she does. I would have been thrilled to own that original mermaid, but hopefully someone else gave/gives it a good home. I have most of her circus themed prints hanging in this room (my computer/make-up/jewelry space). Let me know what you get!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete